Telemac, Topp Spar Over Patents
- Topp, Telemac quibble over patent dispute ruling. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p25
Reports that wireless prepaid phone providers Telemac and Topp Telecom Inc. are both declaring victory after the United States District of California ruled on a patent dispute between them. Agreement that Topp's TRACFONE does not violate Telemac's patent for Telemac Rental Accounting Cellular...
- Prepaid providers go to court over patent infringement. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p7
Reports that a lawsuit has been filed against Topp Telecom Incorporated of Miami, Florida, by Telemac Corporation, charging the company with patent and trademark infringement. Plans of E.J. Pollak, Topp president and chief executive officer; Indication that Topp denied all material allegations;...
- Patent fending. Hofman, Mike // Inc.;Dec97, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p111
Presents brief profiles of people and companies who have sued larger companies for patent infringement. Jerome Lemelson versus Mattel Inc.; Robert W. Kearns versus the Ford Motor Co.; Gordon Gould versus Control Laser International Corp.; State Electronics versus Microsoft Corp.; Peter Roberts...
- Telemac, Topp settle litigation. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p35
Reports the settlement of the patent litigation between Telemac Corp. and Topp Telecom Inc. in Los Angeles, California.
- Swapping Licenses. // Wireless Week;07/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p24
Reports that Telemac Corp. and Topp Telecom Inc. have settled their lawsuits and will swap licenses in 2000. Claims in the lawsuits filed by the companies against each other.
- Evaluating damages in patent infringement cases. Wolf, Steven A. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Summer98, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p9
Presents information on intellectual property case filings in Pennsylvania. Number of intellectual property case filings between 1986 and 1997; Percentage of a company's value represented by intangible assets based from Brookings Institute study; Cause of the increase in damage awards;...
- The litigation ledger. Misek, Maria // EMedia Professional;Feb99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p14
Reports on two patent infringement cases involving computer companies. Imatec Ltd. versus Apple Computer Inc.; Elonex I.P. Holdings Ltd. versus Micron Electronics Inc., Dell Computer Corp. and Packard Bell NEC Inc.
- The Sin of Self-Persuasion. McElhaney, James W. // ABA Journal;Nov99, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p92
Presents a legal scenario where a trial lawyer wanted not to be involved in a patent infringement trial. Reason the trial lawyer does not want to be involved; Strategy of a patent lawyer in cases like this; Strategy of the defense; Issue on credibility.
- IN BRIEF. // Builders Merchants Journal;May2000, p5
Presents news briefs about the building materials industry in Great Britain as of May 2000. Acquisition of Cox Building Products by CRH; Failure of Stormguard Sills to prosecute rival manufacturer Exitex over an alleged patent infringement; Acquisition of Perstorp Surface Materials by...