Nokia Rivals Motorola For Telematics
- Motorola, Nokia to develop handset. // RCR;05/26/97, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p35
Reports that Motorola Incorporated and Nokia Corporation have been selected to construct a prototype digital handset for NTT DoCoMo in Japan. Aims of the digital handset; Information on what the handset is based on; Plans by NTT to implement wide-band code division multiple access (CDMA)...
- Shosteck report examines Nokia, Motorola handset share. // RCR;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p45
Reports on the study conducted by Herschel Shosteck Associates Ltd. on Motorola Inc. and Nokia Corp.'s shares in the worldwide handset communications market.
- Motorola, Nokia Sue Turkish Operator. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p14
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Motorola Inc. and Nokia Corp. against the Uzan family in an effort to recover billions of dollars the companies loaned Telsim Mobil for its wireless network buildout. Restraining order issued by a judge; Amount owed by Telsim to Motorola and Nokia.
- Telsim owners likely guilty of fraud against Motorola, Nokia. Mooney, Elizabeth // RCR Wireless News;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the possibility that the owners of Telsim, a mobile carrier in Turkey will be found guilty of fraud for failing to repay its loans from Motorola Inc. and Nokia Corp. Remarks of federal Kudge Jed Rakoff on the case; Other cases filed against the Uzan family.
- MORE HANG-UPS IN MOTOROLA'S CELL STRATEGY. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p4
Reports on the hand-ups in Motorola Inc.'s cellular phone strategy. Marketing misstep; Competition with Nokia; Decline of the share price of Motorola.
- SALES OF LOW-END HANDSETS STIFLING MOBILE DATA SERVICES. Weber, Toby // Telephony;1/27/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 2, p11
Focuses on the market sales performance of the wireless handset technology in the U.S. Increase in the revenues of Motorola Inc.; Acceleration of the total mobile units shipped by Nokia Corp.; Adoption of higher-end handsets.
- Nokia sales and profits increase in Q3 as Motorola revises Q4 forecast down. // Electronics Weekly;10/23/2002, Issue 2073, p6
Reports on the financial performance posted by Nokia for the third quarter of 2002. Value of the sales generated by the company; Decision of Motorola to revise its forecast for the fourth quarter of the year.
- Study: Motorola Gains On Nokia In U.S. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on the performance of various telecommunication companies in the U.S. market for the year 2002. Superiority of Nokia Corp. over Motorola Inc. in the handset share market; Popular models of Motorola; Performance of Asian manufacturing companies.
- Stretched too thin? Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the strategic moves of manufacturers in the wireless industry to gain share. Microsoft Corp.; Nokia Corp.; Motorola Inc.