- Iridium clears looming financial hurdle. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p1
Discloses that Iridium LLC was given an extension for the deadline set by its lenders to meet the customer and revenue benchmarks set in its $800 million credit facility. Iridium's plan to solicit a consensus among its investors on how to restructure its capitalization; Changes to be...
- Failure of the Month. // Global Finance;Oct99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the performance of satellite communications company in the United States Iridium as of October 1999. Value of the company's outstanding debt defaulted by Iridium; Involuntary bankruptcy petition filed by a group of bondholders against the company; Move of the company in filing for...
- Motorola beats earnings estimates. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p34
Focuses on questions concerning Motorola Inc.'s Iridium LLC debt exposure. Reason for Motorola's reluctance to discuss the issue; Motorola's stake in Iridium; Analysts' assessment of Iridium's impact on Motorola's finances; Rating given by Standard & Poor's to Motorola and Motorola Credit...
- Iridium raises profile. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Reports on Iridium's completion of a two-part private debt financing. Timing with the commencement of satellite launches of the 66 low earth orbit spacecraft Iridium network; Improvement on the company's market profile.
- Iridium teams with wireless. // Telephony;06/22/98, Vol. 234 Issue 25, p47
Reports that Iridium LLC has signed 210 distribution agreements with regional wireless service providers and roaming partners. Completion of Iridium's operational readiness trials.
- Iridium raises 5 satellites and $1.5 billion in funds. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p20
States that five additional satellites were raised into orbit and $1.5 billion in additional capital in July, 1997, by Iridium L.L.C. What is Iridium's game plan; Information on the satellites that have already been launched; Reference to Iridium World Communications limited; Comments from...
- Iridium delays service launch. Bruno, Antony // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p3
Focuses on the announcement by Iridium L.L.C. that it will delay its initial September 23, 1998 service launch date to November 1, 1998. Factors contributing to the delay; Concerns highlighted by Ed Staiano, the company's vice chairman and chief executive officer.
- Honesty should count for something. Ford, Tracy // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p12
Opinion. Discusses the announcement by Iridium that it will not meet its commercial launch goal of September 23, 1998. Reasons given by the company for not being able to meet its launch goal; Expectations of the company to have 2,000 people using Iridium handsets on the Iridium network by...
- Tighter deal raises eyebrows. // High Yield Report;10/20/97, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p6
Reports on Iridium LLC's deal which was priced at $300 million. Discussion on the deal's sponsorship; Who is lead underwriter for the company; Details on the prices of the notes.