Outsourcing: A Big Leg Up For Competitive Carriers
- Unlocking the potential of outsourcing. Green, Will // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug99, Vol. 33 Issue 8, pS77
Presents a performance analysis technique which will improve the benefits gained from outsourcing in the telecommunications industry. Popularity of outsourcing in the industry; Creation and monitoring of benchmarks; Benchmarking against best practice; Forecasting.
- Outsourcing: A solution for managing network evolution. Russo, Anthony // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p69
Focuses on the outsourcing of communication network managed services. Evaluation of managed service providers; Factors driving enterprises to build and manage complex networks; Reasons for considering managed network services. INSET: Nasdaq's managed networking strategies..
- The promises and perils of outsourcing. Caldwell, Kelly // Electrical World;Jul98, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p63
Focuses on the long-distance telecommunications market, while highlighting the outsourcing strategies used by AT and T Corporation. Reference to the use of outsourcing in the electric utilities industry; Temporary agency hired by AT and T Corporation; Comments from Robert Stockard, Sales...
- Outsourcing anxiety. Morrell, Nick // Telephony;08/31/98, Vol. 235 Issue 9, p28
Advises companies on ways to ease out difficulties involved in outsourcing certain aspects of telecommunication network management. Service provider's responsibility for keeping up with technological innovations and investing the capital needed to keep the network competitive; Importance of...
- The outsiders. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/22/99, Vol. 237 Issue 21, p7
Discusses the prevalence of outsourcing for OSS applications, integration services and consulting in the United States. Why telecommunication service providers prefer outsourcing; Challenges for any kind of outsourcing; Goals.
- Help wanted. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/22/99, Vol. 237 Issue 21, p38
Addresses the issue of whether outsourcing for operations support system (OSS) is economical for telecommunication companies in the United States. Factors attributed to the move of the companies to outsource; Issue of cost; Time constraints; Applications and methods; Economic inquiries.
- Getting to the outsource. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p14
Analyzes the pros and cons of outsourcing in the telecommunication industry. Factors affecting the status of the industry; Risks associated with tying up with a vendor partner; Cost advantages of outsourcing on network operators; Telecommunication operators that have outsourced company...
- Network complexity spurs outsourcing demand. Morri, Aldo // Telephony;11/17/97, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p70
Reports on the results of a study conducted by International Data Corp. predicting an annual growth in the demand for outsourced network management services. Realization among voice carriers of the necessity of the service for their operations; Cost-effective advantage of the service for a wide...
- Clone at home. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;07/17/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p7
Deals with outsourcing companies for the telecommunications sector. Analogy between clones and outsourcing companies; Views on the qualities of outsourcing firms Belenos and Callisma; Advantages of outsourcing companies over the professional services unit of technology vendors.