BT Buys Cellnet, Clears Path To 3G
- BT to become Cellnet sole owner. // RCR;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p33
Announces the acquisition of Securicor's 40% shareholding in BT Cellnet by British Telecommunications PLC, both in Great Britain.
- BT seals ...3bn buyout deal for BTCellnet. // Marketing Week;7/29/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p6
States that British Telecommunications has acquired Securicor's 40 percent stake in BTCellnet, a mobile telephone operator in Great Britain. Total worth of the deal; Terms of the agreement.
- Wheel to unify BT Cellnet sites. Dwek, Robert // Marketing Week;5/3/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p15
Reports the merger of consumer and corporate websites, BT Cellnet and Wheel in Great Britain. Aims of the merger; Reasons behind the joint venture; Competitors in the business.
- BT grows again but worries continue over LLU threat. // MarketWatch: Technology;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p26
The article reports on the financial performance of BT Group PLC for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2005. The company posted net income of GBP411 million. Sales increased eight percent to GBP4.94 billion from GBP4.58 billion a year ago. The company confirms that the demand for its broadband...
- BT Cellnet acquires DX to bolster retail share. Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);9/9/1999, p5
Focuses on the purchase by mobile telephone network BT Cellnet Ltd. of the retail operations of independent mobile store DX Communications. Purchase by BT Cellnet of majority stake in Martin Dawes Telecommunications; Background on founding of DX Communications in 1991.
- Losing the plot. Molony, David // Total Telecom Magazine;Dec2006, p16
The article focuses on mergers and acquisitions activities in the telecommunications industry. The offer of BT Group for regional Internet service provider PlusNet provoked strong reactions. In November 2006, the Murdoch family-run pay television operator BSkyB moved to block a proposed merger...
- M&A fever tells the telecom story. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Jul2006, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p38
The author comments on the merger and acquisition activities in the telecommunication sector. Nokia and Siemens have announced a merger deal to create one of the world's largest equipment supplier. British Telecom and KDDI have formed a joint venture to serve Japanese businesses. The most...
- MCI, BT mull merger. // Electronic Media;11/4/96, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p1
Focuses on an announcement by MCI and British Telecommunications PLC, confirming considerations over a strategic merger. Information on United States laws in relation to the merger.
- Calling M&A. // World Trade;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p10
Announces that the British Telecommunications' billion dollar acquisition of United States telecom player MCI Communications got bold headlines. Cross-border mergers and acquisitions; Emerging markets of China and India; Percentage increase in total number of deals in Latin America.