Mobile Wars: Melting Glaciers in Switzerland?
- ORANGE TESTS MBMS-BASED SOLUTION FOR MULTIMEDIA STREAMING. // Multimedia Publisher;Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Orange has tested IPWireless' TDtv technology, a mobile TV and multimedia solution based on the 3GPP Multimedia Broadcast and Multicast Services (MBMS) standard. TDtv allows UMTS operators to utilize their spectrum and base stations to offer subscribers mobile TV and...
- Need a lift? Golden, Paul // Global Telephony;Mar2000, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p14
Reports on diAx AG's introduction of location-based information services at the Sass Fee ski resort in Switzerland, which can be accessed via mobile communication systems. Features of the technology; Advances in the delivery of location-based services.
- Orange, diAx win Swiss wireless licenses. // RCR;04/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p22
States that diAx mobile and Orange Communications SA were awarded wireless licenses in Switzerland. Identification of the consortia which lost to diAx and Orange; Information on the Orange consortium; Details on diAx mobile's plans.
- Orange. // Advertising Age;11/24/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 47, p12
The spot by Shalmor Avnon Amichay/Y&R, Tel Aviv, is a metaphor for the personal choice and individualism allowed by Orange's mobile-phone plans in tailoring content, discounts and other benefits to each user. Art director is Oren Vermus and copywriter is Amit Gal.
- Ease And Safety Drive Market. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the marketing of mobile phone accessories in the United States. Measures taken by handset manufacturers to control the distribution process of accessories; How consumers view accessories; Factors that contributed to the increase in sales of the accessories.
- China Hits No. 1. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reveals that China has taken the position of the United States as the world's largest wireless phone market. Increase in the number of wireless phone users in China as of the end of July 2001; Estimated ratio of Americans that use mobile phones.
- In-Stat Market Snapshot. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Predicts the number of people in the United States youth market that will own a wireless phone by 2004.
- Fueling A Surge In Directory Assistance. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p20
Predicts that directory assistance (DA) services tailor-made for wireless subscribers will flourish. U.S. wireless carriers that outsource DA services to Infonxx; Basis for predicting that DA call volumes will shift away from the landline arena toward wireless; Factor that is likely to drive...
- not the same old cellular network. Politi, Carol // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p18
Offers suggestions to mobile wireless network operators. Resources that allow operators to deliver unique and differentiated services to mobile subscribers; Suggestion to mobile operators to provide truly ubiquitous access to mobile data services; Reason for the success of NTT DoCoMo's i-mode...