- States take creative approach to E911 deployment. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p14
Deals with states in the U.S that take an approach to wireless E911 deployment. Consumer campaign launched by Indiana about which carriers are implementing E911; Implementation of E911 in Vermont; Fine imposed on Cingular and AT & T for not complying with the buildout schedule for their...
- Big carriers warn E911 delays, rules set for smaller operators. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p4
Talks about the deployment of wireless enhanced 911. Telecommunication companies that have agreed to deploy a network-based Phase II solution for its time division multiple access systems; Two phases of E911; Characteristics of wireless carriers that are considered Tier II carriers.
- TDMA faces industry challenges, growth opportunities. Smith, Hilary // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the challenges and growth opportunities faced by Time Division Multiple Access.
- TDMA advocates say technology still has its place. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p16
Asserts the continued relevance of time division multiple access technology amid wireless communication firms' plans to overlay its networks with the global system for mobile communications.
- TDMA-EDGE subscribers reach 47.1M. // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p62
Reports increase in the number of time division multiple access-EDGE subscribers in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- TDMA lingers on, even thrives, despite death knell. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the declining popularity of time division multiple access among wireless carriers, as of May 2002. Reasons behind the trend; Expectations of analysts for the technology; Factors that may increase its life span.
- How to solve your 3G 'hot spot' problem. Lemmo, Mark // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep2000, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p74
Discusses the role of time division duplex (TDD) in helping telecommunication operators maximize their third generation wireless communications spectrum. Distinction from frequency division duplex (FDD); Hierarchical deployment strategy for cellular networks; Optimizing TDD for the high data...
- Asian telecoms this month. // Telecom Asia;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p18
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication in Asia. China Mobile Ltd. announced its investment in time division-synchronous code division multiple access (TD-SCDMA) network and TD-SCDMA subsidies in China. DTAC has selected Nokia Siemens and Huawei to supply its third generation...
- TDMA leaps to EDGE. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;04/26/99, Vol. 236 Issue 17, p10
Provides information on the 1999 Universal Wireless Communications Global Summit held in Miami, Florida. Decision of time division multiple access operators to migrate to enhanced data rates for GSM or EDGE; Changes to the EDGE technology; Advantage of EDGE over wide-band code division multiple...