Omnipoint Seeks GSM Location Market
- Omnipoint releases GSM modules. // RCR;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p21
Introduces Global System for Mobile communications modules for Europe supporting 900 MHz, 1800 MHz and 1900MHz bands by Omnipoint Technologies Inc. in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- South African telecom project given the go-ahead. White, Michael D. // World Trade;Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p118
Focuses on the decision of the US Federal Communications Commission for the global satellite communications project in South Africa. Effect of the decision to the Washington D.C.-based Mobile Communications Holdings Incorporated; How the South African group, Vula shareholders, has committed to...
- GSM Association reports 600 million subscribers. // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p2
Reports on the growth in the use of global system for mobile communications (GSM) telephones in 2001, according to the Global System for Mobile Association. Estimation on the number of GSM telephone users worldwide.
- Bright future for nav systems. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;Jun98, Vol. 178 Issue 6, p75
Looks at the growth of global positioning system (GPS) technology in cars. Features of the GPS navigation system; Purpose for which they are used; Forecasts on automotive GPS navigation systems; How GPS operates. INSET: How GPS works.
- Turkey to offer two GSM licenses. Bruno, Antony // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p71
Focuses on the plans of Turney to offer two additional Global System for Mobile (GSM) communications licenses at 1800 MHz as a complement to the existing GSM 900 MHz licenses in operation. Who the licenses will be granted to; Expectations of the Transport Ministry in Turkey; Factors contributing...
- Boundless Europe: The wireless revolution. Shankar, Bhawani // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov97, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p59
Presents information on global standard for mobile (GSM) networks in Europe. Details on the success of the networks; Prospects of European advanced mobile communications services; Information on the establishment of the European market for cellular services; Detailed information on the...
- PCS operator leans to GSM network. // RCR;12/02/96, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p21
Reveals that in Jackson, Mississippi a C-block licensee bidding in the D-, E- and F-block auction is considering using Global Systems for Mobile communications in the markets it hopes to win. Reasons for such a decision; Reference to Eldorado Communications L.L.C. which was also bidding for D,...
- SIM cards may open security loophole for GSM PCS carriers. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;12/16/96, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p14
Reports that subscriber identity module (SIM) cards may open security veils to the Global System for mobile communications technology and personal communications service carriers. Suggestions to carriers; How SIM cards were developed; Arising problems.
- GSM body restructures to speed 3G. // Electronics Weekly;10/23/2002, Issue 2073, p12
Reports on the decision of the Global System for Mobile Communications Association to undergo a complete restructuring. Purpose of the decision.