Handheld Web May Not Open Images
- The Bottom Line on WAP. Walters, Mike; Hamed, Yasin // Wireless Review;02/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p56
Discusses the development of Internet-based technology and services through the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) while opening a pathway for third generation data networks. Benefits of WAP for wireless communication carriers; Levels of WAP interoperability; Misconceptions and myths regarding...
- Despite widespread use, WAP future remains in question. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p20
Reports the status of the application of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) in the United States as of April 2001. Overview on its introduction in the wireless Internet industry; Estimate on the number of WAP sites worldwide; Criticisms against WAP.
- Wireless data proves itself. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;Sep2001, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p4
Comments on the surge of wireless data use. Setbacks of the Wireless Application Protocol; Revenue percentage of telecommunications company; Accessibility of Internet connections to users with a modem bank.
- What's Next For WAP? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p18A
Focuses on the growth in the use of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) in the wireless Internet industry. Statistics to prove the growth of the technology; Marketing of WAP handsets.
- Products whip up WAP interest. Nobel, Carmen; Kane, Margaret // PC Week;10/18/99, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p3
Reports on computer companies' introduction of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP)-based products during the 1999 Telecom conference in Geneva, Switzerland. Background on WAP, a technology that enables mobile communication devices to receive Internet content. INSET: Unified messaging gets...
- Whacking The Wires. Grumet, Tobey // Popular Mechanics;Oct2000, Vol. 177 Issue 10, p38
Talks about the emergence of mobile Internet. Services offered by mobile Internet; Information on the Wireless Application Protocol; Advantages of wireless Internet connections.
- Mobile Web: ahead of its time? Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/28/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p10
The author offers his views on the significance of wireless Internet as a number of companies invested heavily in the intersection of cellphones and the Internet while it is very rare to find enthusiastic Web surfers. He believes that the promise of wireless application protocol (WAP) has not...
- 40 Years &Counting. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2007, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p6
The author comments on the changes and development of the telecommunication and trade publication industries. He argues that telecommunication has provided users with Internet protocol and Internet protocol multimedia subsystems to have one common identity for wireless and wireline services. He...
- WAP, WAP, WAP, WAP, WAP... Daniels, Guy // Euronet;Sep2000, Issue 4, p26
The Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) is the most important solution to date for accessing the Internet on pocket-sized devices. WAP is, though, an excellent information enabler. It provides an ideal way of getting simple content from the Internet to mobile phones. It is bandwidth efficient,...