Riding High, Nortel Weaves Together Wireless, Wireline
- Nortel soars on 'Wings of Light'. // Finance Week;12/01/2000, F&T Net p34
Focuses on the Wings of Light strategy of Nortel in relation to its goal of gaining dominance in the market for third-generation wireless networks. Perception of Nortel executive Doug Lowther of the importance of universal mobile telecommunications service in telecommunications; Competition in...
- Foes deride 800 MHz consensus plan. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the opposition received by the consensus plan developed by public safety, private wireless, and Nortel Networks Inc, to solve the public safety interference problem in the 800 megahertz band. Claim of opponents against the plan; Details of the plan; Telecommunication companies that...
- Nortel to supply part of Aycell expansion. // RCR Wireless News;9/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p14
Reports on the plan of Nortel Networks to supply Turkish wireless operator Aycell with base stations, related equipment, technical support and other services to help expand Aycell's digital wireless network. Value of the deal between the two companies; Target number of subscribers of Aycell by...
- Nortel to supply EV-DO gear in Trinidad & Tobago. // RCR Wireless News;10/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p16
This article reports on the plan of Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TTST) Ltd. to launch third-generation mobile broadband services in Trinidad and Tobago to residential and commercial customers via Nortel Networks Limited's CDMA2000 1x and 1x EV-DO wireless technologies....
- VERIZON'S PROGRESSIVE PACKET PUSH. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;1/12/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 1, p6
Reports on Verizon Communications Inc.'s expansion of the company's EV-DO wireless data network and transformation of the basic wireline switching architecture into a packet-based network through a contract with Nortel Networks Corp. Reasons behind the company's moves; Implication of the...
- ADC applications get approval of Nortel Networks interoperability program. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p24
Reports on the approval given by the Nortel Network Wireless Interoperability Testing program to the NewNet OTServer Time Division Multiple Access application and NewNet SMserver application from ADC Telecommunications Inc. Capabilities of both software.
- Nortel Launches Campaign to Tout Benefits of Upgrading to IP Telephony. // Caribbean Business;6/30/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p31
Reports on the local campaign launched by global communications company, Nortel Networks Corp., to educate business owners on the benefits of evolving into Internet Protocol telephony in Puerto Rico. Aim of the strategy to allow businesses to migrate to convergence technology to improve...
- TAIPEI HOSPITAL/NORTEL DEMONSTRATE WIRELESS TELEMEDICINE. // Worldwide Telecom;Aug2005, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p1
Deals with the development of the wireless telemedicine application by Taipei Hospital and Nortel in August 2005. Features of the application; Details of the trial of the application; Use of the Nortel Multimedia Communication Server 5200 in the trial; Purpose of the telemedicine demonstration.
- VENDORS SCRAMBLE TO SIZE UP, COMPETE FOR BELL GPON DEALS. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;10/17/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 20, p10
Reports on competition for Bell GPON deals in the U.S. Issuance of gigabit passive optical networking request for proposals; Market access of Nortel Networks.