PCIA Cites Cooperation In Microwave Migration
- The Personal Communications Showcase. // Conference Analysis;10/12/96, Vol. 3 Issue 396, p1
Presents highlights of the Personal Communications Industry Association's Personal Communications Showcase held in San Francisco, California on September 18-21, 1997. Wireless data workshop; Special session with US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Commissioner Rachelle Wong; Marketing on...
- Deconstructing PCS. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;04/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p7
Details the pointers given at the Personal Communications Industry Association's Personal Communications Showcase in October 1999 updated with the association's response. Cities to be avoided in holding the trade show; Reminder on giving educational tracks.
- PCIA paging committee adopts WCTP standard. // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p50
Informs that the Personal Communications Industry Association's Paging Technical Committee adopted the Wireless Communication Transport Protocol for immediate implementation in North American messaging networks.
- PCIA continues press against spectrum cap. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the Personal Communications Industry Association's release of a study on the market share of personal communications services (PCS) carriers in the United States, as part of its effort to keep the spectrum cap in place. Scope of PCS services in key areas; Presence of PCS carriers in...
- PCS '98 line up announced. // RCR;07/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p45
Announces the telecommunication industry leaders who will be speaking at the Personal Communications Showcase 1998 conference in Orlando, Florida, by the Personal Communications Industry Association. Scheduled dated for the conference; Who will deliver the key address at the opening of the...
- PCIA Logging Onto Wireless Internet. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/04/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p46
Previews the Personal Communications Industry Association's GlobalXChange show scheduled for October 2000 in Chicago, Illinois. Number of companies that are expected to participate; Exhibitors; Expansion of the lost of targeted attendees; Key changes made to the event; Panelists for discussions.
- PCIA hints at key announcements this week. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p7
Reports that the Personal Communications Industry Association is set to make some key announcements in the week of April 17, 2000, regarding association membership and its trade show, the PCIA GlobalXChange. Association's aim to target the Internet and computing world; Departure of wireless...
- PCIA to feature Bluetooth pavilion. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p7
Discloses the Personal Communications Industry Association's plans for its GlobalX-Change trade show, which will feature a special pavilion of Bluetooth technology adopters.
- Trade group repositions, renames conference. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p2
Reports that the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) is repositioning and renaming its annual conference and trade show PCIA GlobalXChange. Reason behind the trade group's decision to reposition and rename its annual trade show; Plans of the PCIA to correct industry players'...