Nokia Spins Another Web Layer
- Nokia Rocks Boat With New WAP Browser. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p18
Reports that the Finnish handset manufacturer, Nokia is licensing the source code to its Wireless Application Protocol browser. Reason for the move; Reaction of industry observers; Other handset manufacturer pondering similar move.
- Nokia launches telematic units. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p92
Reports launching of the automotive telematic units of Smart Traffic Products division of Nokia Corp. in Helsinki, Finland.
- Nokia Keeps Eye On 40%. // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p1
Reports that Nokia Corp. still could meet its global handset market share. Nokia's market share in the first quarter of 2001.
- Visibility Poor, But Nokia Still Sees Opportunity. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the business plans of Nokia for the wireless communication equipment market in 2001. Plans of Nokia to introduce several products; Target increase in market share; Estimated handsets sold by Nokia in 2000.
- LEADING THE FIELD IN FINANCIALS. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;08/21/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p77
Focuses on the financial management of Nokia Corp., a mobile-phone producer and a best-managed company according to `IndustryWeek.' Market capitalization of the company in 1999; Profits, sales and earnings of the company in 1999; Factors that contributed to the success of Nokia.
- News that comes to you. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Mar2000, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p10
Reports the launch of a Web site on developments in the cabling industry in the United States. Accessibility to updates on cabling products and services; Headlines on technological innovations and training opportunities.
- Nokia's Iu Interface to be ready for first 3G networks. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p4
Announces the availability of Nokia Oy's Iu Interface for third-generation mobile networks.
- Nokia Ventures opens London headquarters. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p106
Reports opening of Nokia Ventures, an independent operation of Nokia Corp. in London, England.
- Report finds global mobile phone sales up 65 percent over last year. Uimonen, Terho // InfoWorld;02/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p58F
Reports on the global sales of mobile phones in 1999. Units shipped by Nokia; Leading market for mobile phones; Market share of L.M. Ericsson; Market share of Samsung.