Judiciary Chairman Urges Single CALEA Deadline
- McCain and Hatch, not a good match. // National Journal;2/21/98, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p379
Focuses on the conflict between Senate committee chairmen Orrin G. Hatch of Utah and John McCain of Arizona concerning the telecommunication industry in United States. Proposal of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation under the leadership of McCain to promote competition...
- Congress may decide DBS signal controversy. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;11/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p62
Focuses on the issues concerning the rewriting of the 1988 Satellite Home Viewer Act in the United States. Comments of Senator Orrin Hatch on the issue; `White-area' dispute; Dispute over copyright rates.
- Bill would defang FCC. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p32
Reports that three Republican lawmakers introduced legislation that would restrict the United States Federal Communications Commission's power to review mergers. Provisions on communications industry mergers; Introduction of the bill by Senators John McCain, Orrin Hatch and John Ashcroft;...
- Communists shoot people, don't they? Bethell, T. // American Spectator;Jan1990, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
Opinion. Describes the Strange New Respect citation given to Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, who supports socialized child care, and discusses the dream American liberals still hold of remaking human nature in a socialist society.
- The Tea Party's War on Age. STEIN, ROBERT // Moderate Voice;3/19/2012, p10
A blog on the conflict between the U.S. senator from Utah Orrin Hatch and Dick Lugar, U.S. senator from Indiana, is discussed.
- Immigration imbroglio. Fenyvesi, Charles // U.S. News & World Report;2/8/93, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p29
Reports that despite all the criticism of Zoe Baird's hiring illegal aliens, Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch will renew a call to repeal the 1986 law she violated, calling it burdensome on small employers. Chief Senate immigration-law writer Ted Kennedy will hold hearings; Full repeal is not expected;...
- Most endangered? Fenyvesi, Charles // U.S. News & World Report;9/27/93, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p21
Reports that Utah's Orrin Hatch, a three-term incumbent, may have become the most endangered Republican in the 1994 elections. How Hatch's harsh treatment of Anita Hill during the 1991 Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings hurt the Senator.
- Can the Senior Senator from Utah aka Orrin Hatch push aside Adam Sandler? Zimon, Jill Miller // Moderate Voice;12/9/2009, p4
A blog regarding the senior Senator from Utah, also known as Orrin Hatch is discussed.
- Burying the hatch. Walls, Jeannette // Esquire;Aug95, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p24
Reports that United States Senator Orrin Hatch is in negotiations with publishers about writing a book. Hatch as head of the Senate Judiciary Committee.