- ICO improves provisioning with the Web. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/09/98, Vol. 235 Issue 19, p22
Reports that ICO Global Communications is tweaking its GlobalRoam service to make it easier for GSM and AMPS operators to offer it to their customers. Implementation of an automated support service that uses the Web from American Management Systems; Other advantages of using the Web.
- News briefs. // RCR;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p3
Presents news briefs in the wireless communication systems industry in the United States as of August 9, 1999. BellSouth Wireless Data LP's addition of 195 base station to its nationwide network; Finalization of ICO Global Communications' first satellite roaming agreement in the US; Orbcomm...
- deals. // Wireless Asia;Sep2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on corporate deals and agreements of several mobile telecommunications companies. Acquisition of Canadian software company Mobile Diagnostix Inc. by Bitfone Corp.; Plans of StarHub and Discovery Networks Inc. to expand their pay television broadband partnership to the mobile platform of...
- Innovating cell phones through software. Roberts, Bill // Electronic News;3/12/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p30
The article reports on the move of Chipnuts Technology Inc. to acquire a software design company with about 100 programmers. Chipnuts, which designs multimedia chipsets for mobile phones and other devices, wanted to add the operating system and application programming interfaces to its device so...
- UpLink. // Satellite Communications;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10
Presents news updates on the satellite communication industry as of June 2000. ATC Teleports' purchase of General Telecom Inc.; Approval of ICO Global Communications' reorganization plans by the United States Bankruptcy Court; Launching of an Internet and multicast service by NetSat Express.
- World briefs. // RCR;07/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p22
Reports on developments related to the wireless communications industry as of July 12, 1999. Includes British Telecommunications PLC's plan to acquire software maker Control Data Systems Inc.; ICO Global Communications Inc.'s signing of a service agreement with Telecommunicaciones de Mexico.
- Enterprise Users May See Benefits from Merger. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/20/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the potential advantage of the merger between AT&T and BellSouth on wireless enterprise customers in the U.S. Impact of the merger on the competition in the wireless industry; Benefits of the growth of wireless data and fixed mobile wireless to telephone companies; Concerns of...
- Technology in search of a business case or inevitable evolution? Vittore, Vince // Wireless Review;Dec2004, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p12
Discusses the implications of the integration of technologies for the wireless industry in the U.S. Background on the agreement among carriers regarding specifications for roaming services between cellular and Wireless Fidelity networks; Response of carriers to the integration of technologies;...
- While England slept. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p10
Offers views on the impact of the acquisition of AT&T Wireless by Cingular on the cellular industry. Value of the transaction; Comparison between the number of subscribers of Verizon Wireless and Cingular-AT&T Wireless; Implication of the valuation of AT&T for other wireless carriers.