Wireless Voice, Meet Wireless Data
- Don't Kid Yourself. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p5
Presents the results of a 2001 survey on the number of minutes consumed by people using their wireless devices. Number of minutes used in the first half of the year; Increase in the number of subscribers in June; Effect of the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States on wireless...
- Ericsson's Hedfors exits to Motorola. Larson, Lisa // RCR;08/10/98, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p1
Reports that former Ericsson Inc. President and Chief Executive Office Bo Hedfors was appointed as corporate vice president and president of Motorola's Network Solution Sector. Background information on Hedfors; Comments from Hedfors; Information on the reorganization of Motorola.
- Ericsson post to push shows. // Marketing Event;Feb99, p4
Announces the appointment of Julie Paul as trade marketing executive of Ericsson telecommunications company. Significance of her appointment; Her responsibilities at the company.
- How Ericsson gets its employees to miss the bus. // People Management;3/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p10
Provides information on the recruitment of Ericsson employees by other high technology companies. Details on the competition in the British labor market; Salaries and bonuses of Ericsson employees.
- Ericsson gives Nilsson pink slip. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;07/12/99, Vol. 237 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the decision of Ericsson company to terminate Sven-Christer Nilsson as chief executive officer and president of the company and appoint Kurt Hellstrom as a replacement. Factor that influenced the decision of company; Jobs eliminated by the company; Goal of Nilsson that Ericsson is...
- Erisson Replaces CEO. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;07/12/99, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p18
Reports the resignation of Sven-Christer Nilsson as president and chief executive officer of Ericsson company and the appointment of Kurt Hellstrom as president of the company. Decline in earnings of Ericsson upon the departure of Nilsson; Acquisitions completed by Ericsson for its data...
- Ericsson picks UK marketing chief. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;3/29/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p5
Announces the resignation of Alex Rodrigues as Ericsson's consumer products marketing chief in Great Britain. Rodrigues' decision to take up a post with the telecoms company in Singapore; Steve Walker's appointment as Rodrigues' replacement.
- Business Briefs. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;07/12/99, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p21
Presents news briefs on computer-related issues in the United States as of July 1999. Acquisition of IBM Corp.'s share of Dominion Semiconductor by Toshiba company; Dismissal of Sven-Christer Nilsson as chief executive officer and president of Ericsson company and Phil Dunkelberger as president...
- FAST FACTS. // Interactive Week;4/2/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p52
Presents an update on the telecommunications industry as of April 2, 2001. Open-access trial of Comcast, a cable operator; Reasons behind the employee dismissals at Ericsson, a wireless communication equipment maker; Stock swap between LSI Logic and C-Cube Microsystems.