Industry Split On Numbering Process
- Industry Prepares For Next LNP Battle. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the legal action taken by the United States Telecom Association (USTA) on local number portability (LNP) issue in the cellular telephone services industry. Rejection of the request of USTA on LNP for wireline companies; Arguments of USTA against the U.S. Federal Communications...
- Commissioned E911 report runs counter to NENA goals. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;2/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on a report commissioned by the National Emergency Number Association's Strategic Wireless Action Team in the U.S. Key findings; Recommendations for the wireless communication industry.
- Hearing-aid community challenges industry request for
rule changes. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;4/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the challenge made by the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association to a ruling of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission that would require mobile phone carriers to offer hearing aid compatible-digital handsets. Reaction of hearing-disabled citizens to the rules;...
- E911 moves along with a third of sites Phase II enabled. Motsay, Emily; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;5/31/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p3
Focuses on the progress of post-deployed wireless enhanced 911 Phase II capabilities in the U.S., according to speakers at the May 21, 2004 meeting of the Association of Public-Safety Commission Officials' Project Locate. Number of cell sites in the country that are Phase II enabled; Potential...
- Mobile firms angered by SMS regime change. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;6/12/2003, p1
Discusses the reaction of the mobile content industry to the launch of the Mobile Data Association's regime for premium rate SMS. Views of the industry on the launch of the regime; Details on the ruling of the MDA on the 89000-8999 range; Comments from MXtelecom marketing director Alex Moir.
- Wireless Breaks Its Two-Year Slump With First-Half Growth, Says CTIA. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/27/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p12
Deals with the growth of net wireless-phone subscribers in the first half of 2003 according to the semiannual carrier survey of the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association. Number of wireless subscribers at the end of June 2003; Increase in the percentage of subscribers using...
- IP Phone Demand Booming. // Business Communications Review;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p6
This article informs that the market for IP phone terminals will grow at double-digit rates at least through the end of this decade. That's the projection of the Enterprise Communications Association, which recently published its "2005 ECA Converged Communications Systems Market Report." The...
- CTIA expands data focus to content creation community. // RCR Wireless News;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p11
Focuses on the plan of the Wireless Internet Caucus Leadership Council of the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association to include the content creation community as of 2003. Content companies which joined the group.
- Sale of Rural RBOC Lines Pick Up Speed. Glass, Victor // Rural Telecommunications;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p52
Discusses the sale of regional Bell operating company's telecommunication lines to rural local exchange carriers (RLEC). Impact of the decline in interstate access demand and the shift of demand from wireline and wireless service on RLEC; Support received by RLEC for purchased lines; Details of...