San Francisco: AT&T's Next Target?
- Wireless Online. // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p76
Provides information on several telecommunication Web sites in the United States reviewed by the `Wireless Week' periodical. Criteria used in the review; Features and contents of the Web sites; AT&T Wireless; CellularOne; Nextel Communications.
- AWS Bridges Gap In California. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;11/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p54
Reports on the acquisition of Cellular One in San Francisco Bay Area, California by AT&T Wireless Services (AWS). Reputation of Cellular One; Level of brand name recognition of AT&T in San Francisco; Services to be offered by AWS in the city.
- AT&T Wireless, Cellular One Settle Dispute. // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p4
States that AT&T Wireless and Cellular One have settled a legal dispute over the use of the phrase digital one.
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p18
Reports on the per-minute prices for wireless service in Boston, Massachusetts in 1999. Cellular One; Bell Atlantic; AT&T Wireless company.
- Briefly noted. // PC Week;7/08/96, Vol. 13 Issue 27, p35
Reports on developments related to the computer networks and services industries. Partnership between Cellular One Inc. and AT&T Wireless Services for network services; Uninterruptible power supplies from ViewSonic Corp.
- AT&T Brings Zed To America. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the launch of the zed data service in the United States by AT&T Wireless. Features of the service; Significance of the launch.
- Wanted: A Long Term Commitment. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p14
Reports on the trend for two-year service agreements with wireless communication carriers in the U.S.. Reasons for the emphasis on two-year commitments; Incentives of a contract from Verizon Wireless; Details on a program of AT& Wireless; Other companies that avoid the trend.
- Wireless nirvana. Sextro, Darren // Wireless Review;02/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p216
Discusses several development stages experienced by wireless service providers. Pre-competition period; Flurry of market competition; Company's reactionary response to market changes; Reorganization of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. during its `work smarter, not just faster phase.'
- PocketNet Redux. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;06/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the Digital PocketNet service of AT&T Wireless Services Incorporated. View of analysts on the service; Rate of the service.