SBA Nays Auctions
- Meeting the E911 mandate. Marble, George // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p74
Examines the shared solutions that wireless service providers must declare for compliance with the United States Federal Communications Commission's Wireless E911 Phase II mandate. Types of available shared solutions; Factors to consider when evaluating individual and shared solutions; Most...
- Number Conservation. Sill, William J.; Pearlman, Heidi C. // Wireless Review;04/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the extension given by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the deadline of the implementation of the wireless LNP. Impact of the LNP implementation; Criticisms on the FCC extension; Concerns of the FCC.
- Let The Mergers Begin. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) commissioners voted to immediately lift the spectrum cap in urban markets and to completely eliminate it starting January 1, 2003. Expected consequence of the move; Accusation of Michael Copps, lone Democratic commissioner,...
- Carriers Reject Truth in Billing. Bainbridge, Heather // Wireless Review;06/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pRM8
Deals with the concerns of the wireless carrier industry on the rule passed by the Federal Communications Commission about truth in billing. Details on the legislation; Views of the industry on the legislation; Implications of the rule against wireless industries.
- CPP Issues Fracture Industry. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p30
Reports that wireless telecommunication carriers and special interest groups will submit comments on calling party pays to the United States Federal Communications Commission. Disagreements between PCIA and CTIA; Reactions from the California Public Utilities Commission.
- Bush budget plan would delay auctions. Silva, Jeffrey; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p10
Deals with the delay of the auction for the radio spectrum of third-generation (3G) wireless communication systems by the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission. Reason for the delay; Issues dealing with the auction that are being debated; Actions taken by the U.S. Congress on...
- Push Off Or Push Forward? Cox, Dave // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p57
Presents an opinion on the deadline set by the Federal Communications Commission on the implementation of local number portability (LNP) by wireless carriers for November 2002. Statistics on wireless calls; Forecasted LNP queries that will generate transactions; Details on the SCP-LNP approach.
- Funding Woes Hamper Wireless 911 Progress. Culver, Denise // Inter@ctive Week;01/18/99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, pI-8
Reports on the lack of funding for public safety access points (PSAP) that will give access to wireless callers for 911 emergency calls. Mandate from the United States Federal Communications Commission; Other factors that prevented the availability of 911 service to wireless callers; Background...
- CDMA prepares for E-911 requirements. // Wireless Review;08/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the plan of CDMA Development Group (CDG) to organize tests that will help wireless carriers determine the solution to the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) E-911 location requirements. What the trials include; Comments from Jim Takage of CDG; Distribution of the...