Deutsche Will Buy One 2 One
- Telekom wins one 2 one in $13.6B cash, debt deal. // RCR;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p2
Reports that Deutsche Telekom has won a bid to buy British mobile carrier One 2 One in a deal valued at about $13.6 billion. Deutsche Telekom's declaration of its desire to become a global player through acquisitions of mobile phone companies, Internet service providers and information systems...
- Telekom Acquisition Signals German's Global Learnings. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;08/23/99, Vol. 5 Issue 34, p19
Focuses on the acquisition of One 2 One by telecommunication company Deutsche Telekom. Implications of the deal on a previous failure to acquire Olivetti SpA; Amount involved in the deal; Views of analysts on the acquisition.
- One to watch. Day, Julia // Marketing Week;9/9/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p24
Analyzes the global market prospects of German telecommunications firm Deutsche Telekom after its acquisition of British mobile phone operator One 2 One. Plan to consolidate Deutsche's mobile and Internet firms and One 2 One to form the basis of a pan-European mobile brand; International...
- One 2 One moots standalone B2B brand. // Marketing Week;3/8/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p6
Cites the plan of Deutsche Telekom-owned One 2 One mobile phone network is considering using a separate brand to target business customers. Aim to use either the T-Mobile brand or the parent company's name; Possible teamup with a computer or information technology company.
- DT plans One 2 One rebranding. Day, Julia // Marketing Week;11/9/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p5
Reports on the plans of Deutsche Telekom AG to launch a marketing campaign to rebrand the cellular telephone business of One 2 One Ltd. in Great Britain. Strategies to complement the companies' telecommunication businesses.
- BT And Deutsche Telekom To Partner In 3G. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;7/2/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p11
Reports on the plan of Deutsche Telekom and British Telecommunications PLC to partner on third-generation infrastructure buildouts. Implication of the partnership; Information on the memorandum signed by BT Wireless with One 2 One; Key hurdles to the agreements.
- Revolution archive. // Revolution (14605953);Apr2009, p13
A timeline of significant events related to the business of T-Mobile from 1999 to 2009 is presented. One 2 One was acquired by Deutsche Telekom in 1999, which was rebranded as T-Mobile three years later. Users were allowed to download complete tracks to their mobiles for the first time in March...
- Telekom Pockets The Difference. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 27, p22
Deals with the acquisition of Great Britain's Pocket Phone Shop retail chain by One 2 One, the personal communication system subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom. Significance of the acquisition; Terms of the agreement; Comments from the executives of One 2 One.
- Foreign-ownership fireworks. Silva, Jeffrey; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the United States House of Representatives telecommunication subcommittee's examination of Deutsche Telekom AG's proposed purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.