Motorola Jostles Qualcomm
- CDMA looks for higher data rates. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;03/20/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 12, p88
Presents information on the code division multiple access (CDMA) third generation standard known as CDMA 1X. Data capabilities of CDMA 1X; CDMA technologies of Qualcomm and Motorola; Effect of CDMA 1X on voice data capacity. INSET: BRIEFLY.
- Nextel enters global push-to-talk agreement. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the deal between Nextel Communications Inc., Qualcomm Inc. and Motorola Inc. to develop Nextel's Direct Connect push-to-talk technology for global wireless network operators using code division multiple access platforms. Terms of the deal; Implications of the deal; Benefit that can...
- 8 YEARS AGO THIS WEEK. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p3
The article presents information on a countersuit filed by Motorola against Qualcomm. It states that the suit alleges that the chip vendor has violated a pair of clauses in an agreement between the two companies to acquire Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology.
- Carriers lobbying efforts focus on U.S., vendors take on global issues. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p27
Reports on the lobbying efforts of several wireless companies in the U.S. regarding global issues concerning the mobile communication systems. Involvement of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association in the efforts; Administrative agencies lobbied by Qualcomm Inc. to address the...
- Qualcomm tries to take CDMA permit from Motorola. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p18
Reports on Qualcomm Inc.'s filing of a lawsuit against Motorola Inc. asking the court to terminate Code Division Multiple Access licenses granted to Motorola under a patent license agreement. Start of the dispute between the two companies in February 1997.
- cdmaOne. // Network Dictionary;2007, p90
A reference entry for cdmaOne is presented. It refers to the commercial name for a code division multiple access (CDMA) system defined by the CDMA Development Group (CDG) consortium. Qualcomm, AT&T Wireless and Motorola are members of this consortium.
- CDMA Leaders Take Charge. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p43
Reports on the implications of code division multiple access technology for the business of Qualcomm Inc. Factors which contributed to the 1999 increase of Qualcomm's stock price; Technology focus of Qualcomm; Forecast on Qualcomm's third generation wireless technology. INSET: An Attitude Of...
- Qualcomm forms optimization unit. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/04/98, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p18
Reports on the establishment of a subsidiary firm by Qualcomm called the QSource CDMA Optimization Services. Offered services; Reason for establishment of subsidiary firm; Benefits of code division multiple access to carriers.
- Qualcomm demonstrates data over Moscow network. // RCR;05/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p16
Reports that the capabilities of Qualcomm Incorporated's code division multiple access One wireless data was demonstrated at the ExpoComm Moscow '98 Show, on JSC Personal Communications' Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) network. Comments from Qualcomm official Ron Uhlig; Reference to the...