The gut-joint axis: cross reactive food antibodies in rheumatoid arthritis
- cross reaction. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p547
An encyclopedia entry for "cross-reaction," which refers to a reaction between an antibody and an antigen, is presented.
- Tc-99m sestamibi lower extremity muscle scan, is it a useful screening tool for assessment of preclinical atherosclerosis in rheumatoid arthritis patients? Amin, Amr; Nawito, Zeinab; Atfy, Rania; El-Hadidi, Khaled // Rheumatology International;Jul2012, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p2075
Increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients cannot be entirely explained by traditional risk factors, suggesting that systemic inflammation characterizing this disease may accelerate atherosclerosis. Technetium 99m-Methoxyisobutyl isonitrile (Tc-99m...
- Cross-reactivity and pathogenicity of anti-DNA autoantibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus. Mageed, RA; Zack, DJ // Lupus;2002, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p783
Autoantibodies to DNA were discovered over 40 years ago following the discovery a few years earlier of the 'LE' cell phenomenon by Hargraves and colleagues in 1948. These investigators noted that, when leucocytes were incubated with serum from lupus patients, changes in the nucleus could be seen...
- The Transaldolase, a Novel Allergen of Fusarium proliferatum, Demonstrates IgE Cross-Reactivity with Its Human Analogue. Chou, Hong; Wu, Keh-Gong; Yeh, Chang-Ching; Tai, Hsiao-Yun; Tam, Ming F.; Chen, Yu-Sen; Shen, Horng-Der // PLoS ONE;Jul2014, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p1
Fusarium species are among airborne fungi and recognized as causative agents of human atopic disorders. However, Fusarium allergens have not been well characterized and the lack of information limits clinical diagnosis and treatment of fungal allergy. The purpose of this study is to identify and...
- Sulphasalazine induced selective IgA deficiency in rheumatoid arthritis. Delamere, J.P.; Grindulis, K.A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/14/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6377, p1547
Examines the role of sulphasalazine in inducing selective immunoglobulin (Ig) A deficiency in rheumatoid arthritis. Therapeutic use of sodium aurothiomalate; Determination of the concentration of IgA and IgM; Dosage of sodium aurothiomalate.
- Serum IgE concentrations in rheumatoid arthritis: lack of correlation with gold toxicity. // British Medical Journal;12/8/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6203, p1477
Studies the serum immunoglobulin E concentration among patients with rheumatoid arthritis in Great Britain. Restriction in chrysotherapy for the disease; Occurrence of immunological hyperactivity in active rheumatoid diseases; Effect of direct toxic mechanism on the reactions to Myocrisin.
- Poor accuracy of anti-citrulline antibody test in diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis in Iran. Dhir, Varun; Goyal, Palvi // Rheumatology International;Apr2014, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p591
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Sensitivity, Specificity and Accuracy of Anti-citrulline Antibody Test in Diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis" by S. Abolghasemi and colleagues in the 2012 issue.
- Anti-perinuclear Factor as Diagnostic Marker in Rheumatoid Arthritis. ABEDIAN, ZEINAB; SAGAFI, MASOUD; KENARI, SAEID ABEDIAN; ABEDIAN, FARSHIDEH // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Sep2015, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p13
Introduction: Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a systemic autoimmune disease. It is associated with several auto antibodies which can serve as diagnostic and prognostic markers. Aim: In this study, Anti perinuclear Factor (APF) was evaluated as a biomarker in comparison with Rheumatoid Factor (RF)...
- Citrullination in Rheumatoid Arthritis--A Process Promoted by Neutrophil Lysis? Gazitt, Tal; Lood, Christian; Elkon, Keith B. // Rambam Maimonides Medical Journal;Oct 2016, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPAs) are highly specific serologic markers for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and can pre-date clinical disease onset by up to 10 years, also predicting erosive disease. The process of citrullination, the post-translational conversion of arginine to citrulline...