Role of interleukin 6 in a murine model of Crohn's ileitis: are cytokine/anticytokine strategies the future for IBD therapies?
- Expression of CD40 and Its Ligand, CD40L, in Intestinal Lesions of Crohn's Disease. Battaglia, Edda; Biancone, Luigi; Resegotti, Andrea; Emanuelli, Giorgio; Fronda, Gian Ruggero; Camussi, Giovanni // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1999, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p3279
OBJECTIVE; Selected mechanisms of the immune system participate in the development of inflammatory bowel disease. Recently, overexpression of the ligand for CD40 (CD40L), a lymphocyte costimulatory molecule, was shown to induce severe inflammatory bowel disease in transgenic mice. In the present...
- Granulomatous Enterocolitis Complicated by Osteomyelitis. Meltzer, Saul S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1973, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p77
Osteomyelitis complicating granulomatous disease of the bowel is described in a case report. Bony complications of this disorder should be kept in mind since they may occur more commonly than has previously been appreciated.
- Regional Enteritis and its Relation to Emotional Disorders. Cohn, Edwin M.; Lederman, Ivan I.; Shore, Eugene // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1970, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p378
A clinical investigation was carried out to determine the relationship between emotional traits and regional enteritis. Each patient in whom the diagnosis of ileitis was firmly established, was interviewed psychiatrically and was examined by a psychologist employing standard testing procedures....
- Small bowel length in Crohn's disease. Glehen, O.; Lifante, J. C.; Vignal, J.; Francois, Y.; Gilly, F. N.; Flourié, B.; Descos, L.; Chung, R. J. H.; Mithieux, F. // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Sep2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p423
Background and aims. This prospective study compared jejunoileal length in patients with Crohn's disease (CD) and the general population to determine whether this parameter can be related to outcome and management of CD complications. Patients and methods. Small bowel (SB) length was measured...
- Therapeutic efficacy of elemental enteral alimentation in Crohn's disease. MATSUEDA, KEI // Journal of Gastroenterology;2000 Supplement 12, Vol. 35, p19
Focuses on the therapeutic efficacy of elemental enteral alimentation in Crohn's disease. Incidence of Crohn's disease in Japan; Increase of intake of animal protein.
- ileitis, regional. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p407
An encyclopedia entry for the term "regional ileitis," an outdated name for Crohn's disease, is presented.
- Pneumaturia as a Presenting Sign of Regional Enteritis. Peck, Owen C.; Babb, Richard R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1971, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p463
Describes the case of a patient who was hospitalized with abdominal pain and found to have an ileovesical fistula secondary to regional enteritis. Presenting symptom of regional enteritis; Urologic manifestations of the disease; Overall incidence of the disorder; Result of the patient's...
- The Relationship Between Heritability and Smoking Habits in Crohn's Disease. Brignola, Corrado; Belloli, Clarissa; Ardizzone, Sandro; Astegiano, Marco; Cottone, Mario; Trallori, Giacomo // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2000, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p3171
OBJECTIVE: In Crohn's disease (CD), the relationship between genetic predisposition and smoking has not been well defined. The aim of this study was to compare the smoking habits at the time of the diagnosis of CD patients having familial occurrence of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) with those...
- REGIONAL ENTERITIS. Berger, Samuel S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1956, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p81
Presents a case of a patient with regional enteritis. Persistence of abdominal pains suffered by the patient; Examination of the abdomen of the patient; Pathology of the regional enteritis.