TOP 25 VARIABLE ANNUITY ISSUER SALES
- VA Sales In 2008 Were Off 15.3%. O'Connor, Frank // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/20/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the continued decline of the sales of variable annuities in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2008. It mentions that it fall to 32.6 billion from the third quarter sales of $37.0 billion. It states that on a full-year basis, sales were down 15.3%, dropping from 2007...
- Untitled. // Financial Planning;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p155
Presents charts showing the top 25 variable annuity (VA) issuers in 2004 and 2005 and the net flow and new sales of the VA industry in the U.S. from 1994 to 2005.
- Fixed Surrender Period. // Practical Accountant;Jul2001, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p16
Reports the introduction of the variable annuity 'APEX' by the American Skandia Life Insurance Corporation in the United States.
- Insurers Reverse VA Asset Market Share Slide. Murray, M. Christian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/16/99, Vol. 103 Issue 33, p3
Discusses the variable annuity (VA) asset market share of insurers in the United States. Percentage of VA assets controlled by insurance companies for 1998 according to the study released by Cerulli Associates; Explanation from analyst Ryan Tagal for the gain in the market share of insurers;...
- A growing trend: VAs with bank-managed funds. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/15/93, Vol. 97 Issue 46, p3
Reports on joint ventures between insurance companies and banks in the offering of variable annuities (VA). Use of bank managed mutual funds as investment options; Selling of VAs in bank branches by insurance agents; Insurance companies' yearly mortality earnings, expense and administration...
- VA Sales Held Their Ground In 2002. Carey, Rick // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/24/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 8, p27
Focuses on the sales of variable annuities (VA) in 2002. List of the top 25 issuers or insurance companies ranked by assets under management; Lack of volatility in the top 25 VA contracts; American Skandia's XTra Credit SIX B-share.
- Variable Clients Flock To Conservative Options. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/7/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the trends in variable annuity assets by investment objective in the U.S. insurance industry as of April 7, 2003. Safe money options; Reduction of volatility; Value of guarantees.
- Time For New Look At A-Share VAs? Pfeifer, Timothy C. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/7/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the trends in variable annuities in the U.S. insurance industry as of April 7, 2003. Sales compensation and marketing expenses associated with the policy; Reasons for the lack of A-share volume; Reduction of the risks associated with generally-accepted accounting principles.
- VA Reserving Choices Could Have Big Impact On Bottom Line. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/28/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 17, p48
Examines the impact of reserving for variable annuities (VA) on VA insurers in the U.S. Reevaluation of acquisition prices for companies selling VA contracts; Liability of accounting firms and actuaries that do not properly account for reserves needed for VA contracts; Concern on how and...