TOP 25 VARIABLE ANNUITY ISSUER SALES
- VA Sales In 2008 Were Off 15.3%. O'Connor, Frank // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/20/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the continued decline of the sales of variable annuities in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2008. It mentions that it fall to 32.6 billion from the third quarter sales of $37.0 billion. It states that on a full-year basis, sales were down 15.3%, dropping from 2007...
- Untitled. // Financial Planning;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p155
Presents charts showing the top 25 variable annuity (VA) issuers in 2004 and 2005 and the net flow and new sales of the VA industry in the U.S. from 1994 to 2005.
- A growing trend: VAs with bank-managed funds. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/15/93, Vol. 97 Issue 46, p3
Reports on joint ventures between insurance companies and banks in the offering of variable annuities (VA). Use of bank managed mutual funds as investment options; Selling of VAs in bank branches by insurance agents; Insurance companies' yearly mortality earnings, expense and administration...
- Variable Clients Flock To Conservative Options. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/7/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the trends in variable annuity assets by investment objective in the U.S. insurance industry as of April 7, 2003. Safe money options; Reduction of volatility; Value of guarantees.
- VA Reserving Choices Could Have Big Impact On Bottom Line. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/28/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 17, p48
Examines the impact of reserving for variable annuities (VA) on VA insurers in the U.S. Reevaluation of acquisition prices for companies selling VA contracts; Liability of accounting firms and actuaries that do not properly account for reserves needed for VA contracts; Concern on how and...
- 9-month VA sales total $75.7 billion. Carey, Rick // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/30/98, Vol. 102 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the variable annuity (VA) sales of insurance companies in the United States for the third quarter of 1998. Total amount of VA sales; Net assets of the top 25 companies selling variable annuities; Top 25 sales by contract.
- Bank annuities boom boosts more insurers. Garmhausen, Stephen // American Banker;1/7/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p11
Looks at the why banks are opening more shelf space for variable annuities, reference to the increase in sales for some insurance companies. Benefits of the variable annuities; Findings of a Kenneth Kehrer Associates study; Details on increased sales of variables through banks; Comments from...
- The Latest VA Wrinkle. Fischer, Robert J. // On Wall Street;Oct2001, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p70
Provides information on estate enhancement benefits (EEB) offered by variable annuity (VA) providers. Reason for VA providers' launching of EEB; Disadvantages of EEB; Advice for using EEB.
- No-surrender-fee VAs hit the street. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/21/98-12/28/98, Vol. 102 Issue 51, p13
Reports on the emergence of variable annuities that do not levy a contingent deferred sales charge. Insurance companies offering variable annuities free of deferred sales charge; Emergence of the no-surrender charge feature in producer-sold variable annuities; Indications that the trend will...