People in the News
- A Humble Editor's Magic. Steinberg, Sybil // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, p68
Profiles Celina Spiegel, editor of publishing house, Riverhead. Origin of her working relationship with author, James McBride; Commitment of Spiegel as an author; Key aspect of Spiegel's book list.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p7
Presents data on the top 10 publishers of paperback fiction in the U.S. based from the newspaper 'New York Times.' Random House Inc.; Penguin Group USA Inc.; Simon and Schuster Inc.
- Random House and Penguin Group Lead Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers. // Book Publishing Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p7
Reports that Random House and Penguin Group continue to battle for supremacy on "The New York Times" bestseller list for hardcover fiction in the U.S. through March 14, 2004. Number of Random House book titles on the bestseller list for a combined 55 weeks; Other publishing firms with books on...
- Mixed blessings. Peryman, Lisa // Quill & Quire;Dec97, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the role played by the Canadian book industry in the wake of the public's growing interest with spirituality. Publication of titles with religious and spiritual subjects by publisher, Riverhead; Increase in the sale of books on Buddhism and Judaism; Interest of buyers to purchase...
- Penguin Plans Another New Imprint. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p10
Announces the launching of a new imprint by Penguin Group USA in May 2003. Information on the imprint's head, Laureen Rowland; Reason behind the imprint; Views on reprints.
- Penguin's New Hudson Street Press. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;1/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p101
Reports that publishing company Penguin USA provided details on the new imprints started by Laureen Rowland, who will oversee Hudson Street Press, as of January 2004. Features of the list.
- Puffin's TV spot is unlikely to begin a new publishing trend. White, Jeremy // Campaign (UK);4/13/2001, Issue 15, p24
Describes the television advertising of book publisher Puffin. Implications for book industry; Influence of budget on use of television advertising to improve sales of a publisher; Advantages and disadvantages of television campaigns.
- What Becomes a Classic Most? Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/8/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 31, p15
Comments on the plans of Penguin Group for a paperback imprint called Essential Editions which will be released in the U.S. in September 2005. Books included in the Essential Editions; Criticisms on the paperback imprint; Price of the books.
- Dinas Joins Alpha Books. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 41, p8
Reports on the selection of Paul Dinas as editor of Penguin's Alpha Books imprint in the U.S. Duties of Dinas; Positions held by Dinas.