Officials OK Reductions
- Tax credit to expire on 'underwater' homes. Yohem, Roger // Inside Tucson Business;12/28/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p19
The article discusses the expiration of Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act, which was created in response to the housing market crash in Tucson, Arizona. It states that more homeowners will be stuck in properties they cannot sell and could significantly impact local housing market and economy...
- Anti-Tax Stand. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p39
Reports on the decision of acting governor of Massachusetts Jane Swift for not reversing an income tax rollback approved by state voters in the year 2000. Revenue to be generated due to delay in tax cut in the state; States which proposes to repeal tax rollbacks; Names of the states willing to...
- LOUISIANA: Tax-Cut End Risks Revenue. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33388, p9
The article reports on the expiration of the federal income tax cut which is deemed to reduce the tax collection of Louisiana.
- Two Tales Tell Why We Need a Tax Cut. Samples, John // Business Journal (Central New York);05/18/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p30
Focuses on the difficulties on the implementation of cutting taxes in the U.S. Resistance on the changes to serve the self-interest of the bureaucrats; Reduction in the income of power of entrenched bureaucrats; Responsiveness of the population on the proposed economic changes.
- Tax cuts: what's in it for you? Mouber, David // LP/Gas;Sep2003, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p15
Discusses the effects of tax cuts in the U.S. Expenses in costs of equipment; Depreciation of bonus; Purchases on cars; Estimated corporate tax; State conformity.
- Economists Disagree On Tax Cut's Effect. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;
Reports on disagreement by the congressional committee about the effect of the ten-year tax-cut plan to be implemented in June 2002 in Washington. Impact of the tax cut plan on economic benefits of the state; Comments of Peter R. Orezag, a senior fellow in tax and fiscal policy at the Brookings...
- Tax cuts and other cheap parlour tricks (Part Two). Hennessy, Trish // CCPA Monitor;Jul2014, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p28
An excerpt from book "Tax Is Not a Four-Letter Word: A Different Take on Taxes in Canada," by Alex Himelfarb and Jordan Himelfarb is presented.
- Fate of $2.5 Billion Tax Cut In Hands Of Sen. Ogden and Lt. Gov. Dewhurst. Quinn, Michael // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/23/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p14
The author reflects on the $2.5 billion property tax cut legislation into a $4.4 billion spending increase in Texas.
- A Dialogue of the Deaf. James, Colin // New Zealand Management;Apr2003, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on the tax cuts proposal in New Zealand. Purpose of the tax priority of the state; Problems faced by the government with regard to the proposal; List of affirmative interventions of the government.