Deficit Ahead for Chicago
- Washington Identifies Shortfall Larger Than Originally Expected. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p31
Reports the shortfall of tax collections from the state Office of the Forecast Council in Washington State. Impact of the tax collection shortfall on the budget deficit; Statistical figure of the deficit for the 2001 to 2003 biennium budget; Attribution of the national economy on the projected...
- D.C. officials pleased with their $41 million in delinquent tax collections. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30194, p5
Reports that Washington, D.C. has collected $41 million in calendar year 1997 from previously delinquent tax receivables. President Bill Clinton's warning regarding the city's budget deficit if lawmakers do not pass a revitalization package; Sources of increase in the tax collection; Federal...
- Red harvest. Lynch, Michael W. // Reason;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p22
Reports that growth in tax collections had led government forecasters to reduce their deficit projections. Projected budget deficit for the fiscal year 1997; Projected budget deficit in May; Estimated deficit for the year 1998.
- TX: Fiscal Outlook Better than Before. // GPP eNews;8/24/2012, p4
The article reports on the increased tax collections of Texas as compared to its 2011 budget deficit.
- Chicago Deal Clears The Market. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;7/16/2015, p34
The article presents Chicago Steep junk-level on Thursday drew strong interest in Chicago's tax-exempt sale , also capitalizes interests for budget relief, budget deficit and skyrocketing pension payments..
- Chicago Faces $220 Million Shortfall in 2005, Officials Warn. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p3
Reports on the prediction for a budget deficit for 2005 of Chicago, Illinois. Contribution of an increase of employee costs and sluggish tax collections; Efforts of the city government to look at ways to cut the budget through management efficiencies; Need for the government to close out the...
- IOWA: Budget Out of Balance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33129, p9
The article reports on the budget shortfall of Iowa. The state has faced a $90 million deficit in its current budget due to declining revenue collections that dropped 12% in May 2009 and are down 4.5% for the year so far. Ohio will need to take additional steps to end the fiscal year June 30,...
- Florida Budget Hole Could Deepen If Tourist Stay Home. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31230, p40
Reports the government budget deficit in Florida. Contribution of the tourism industry on public finance; Anticipation of decline in tax revenue collection; Concern on the credit rating of the state.
- Does the U.S. Need a Huge Tax Cut? // New York Times Upfront;03/19/2001, Vol. 133 Issue 14, p26
Examines the need for a huge tax cut in the United States. Plan to provide relief to all income-tax payers; Direction of plans toward individuals and small businesses; Possible contribution of the implementation of tax cut on the return of federal budget deficits.