Oakland Voters to Face $148M Question for Library Project
- Economy, Jobs Take Center Stage in Region's Upcoming Ballots. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p32
Reports on the hold of several bond elections in the Middle West. Detection of fewer local bond issuers who bring ballot measures in a non-presidential election; Consideration of a bond proposal that combines a popular local capital funds program with a jobs program in Ohio; Inclusion in the...
- Flaws, but no tampering in 2006 election. Lamb, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;9/24/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p1
The article focuses on the possible security flaws in the results of the May 2006 election in Pima County, Arizona. The election approved a $2 billion of the bond proposed by the county to finance a 20-year regional transportation plan. Democrats questioned the election by saying that there were...
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32222, p26
Presents a list of scheduled bond elections in various cities and counties in the U.S.
- Missouri City Loses $515M Power Vote. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p1
Reports on the turnout of bond elections in Missouri. Observation of a great number of voters to vote on debated issues in the state; Defeat of the bonds for a power plant; Rejection of the voters on the plan of the City Utilities of Springfield to pay the bonds for the coal-fired power plant.
- California Voters Face $2.3 Billion: Dozens of GO Issues On luesdav Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32889, p1
The article reports that California voters will cast their votes on at least 36 local general obligation bond measures appearing on ballots in the June 2, 2008 U.S. primary elections. The biggest bond measure is a $378 million request from the Palo Alto Unified School District for the renovation...
- Rock Island to store building and expand with bond issues aid. // Library Journal;11/1/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 18, p1984
Reports that the city council of Rock Island, Illinois has approved the issuance of general obligation bonds to finance the renovation and expansion of the public library. Details of the expansion project.
- Pawtucket PR campaign brings in library $ vote. // Library Journal;4/1/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p787
Reports on the success of Rhode Island's Pawtucket Public Library in acquiring the votes needed for passage of a bond issue to expand and renovate the library. Total value of the bond issue; Launch by the library of a public relations campaign for the bond issue; Features of the library's...
- Greenwood Public Library, Ind., Upgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34409, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term rating on Greenwood Public Library, Ind.'s series 2010 general obligation refunding and improvement bonds to A from A-minus.
- N.Y.C files facility papers with London Stock Exchange to ease global issuance. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p28
No abstract available.