Prices Flat as Data Meets Projections
- Jobs Report, Fed Rate Hike Concern Drive Down Municipals, Treasuries. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31880, p2
Reports that municipal bonds followed Treasuries lower after the U.S. employment report beat forecasts for the second straight month and supported expectations that the Federal Reserve might raise its federal funds overnight lending rate as soon as June. Jobs added out of the farm sector in...
- Non-Farm Payrolls Expectations Help Cheapen Munis, Treasuries. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of October 8, 2004. Decline in the value of municipal bonds and treasuries; Increase in non-farm payrolls; Impact of employment forecast on bond prices.
- Expected Volume Dropping as Memorial Day Approaches. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/19/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32881, p6
The article reports that the municipal bonds will make their way to the primary market as the municipal market begins to show signs of volume dropping before Memorial Day Holiday in the U.S. It is stated that the volume for May 19-24, 2008 is expected to total to about $5.42 billion. It is...
- Kansas City, Citing Projects to Revitalize Downtown Area, May Issue $95M in GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p38
Reports on Kansas City, Missouri's possible general obligation bond issues after a bond referendum approved by voters in April 2004. Recommendations on the size of the first deal; Use of proceeds from the planned bond issues.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p30
Presents a chart depicting municipal bonds in the Midwest.
- Wake Co., N.C., To Sell $119M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p2
Reports that Wake County, North Carolina will sell general obligation refunding bonds. Capital plans of the county; Plans to issue remaining school and library bonds in 2006.
- Double-A Rated Boston Prepares GO Sale of $80 Million. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p28
The article reports that Boston, Massachusetts will sell general obligation debt valued at $80 million. The fixed-rate bonds will finance several capital projects. The bonds will be sold through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system. The bonds will mature from 2007 through 2006 and insurance...
- City Getting A Bond Aid. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/22/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the plan by the Grand Rapids Building Authority to refund three new municipal bond series. City commissioners approved a refunding process that will put up to $35 million worth of municipal bonds on the market. The bonds will only be sold if the city can reap...
- LOCATIONAL LOGROLLING AND CITIZEN SUPPORT OF MUNICIPAL BOND PROPOSALS: The Example of St. Louis. Archer, J. Clark; Reynolds, David R. // Public Choice;Fall1976, Vol. 27, p21
Examines citizen support of municipal bond proposals to finance capital investments in service delivery systems based on the example of Saint Louis, Missouri. Strategy offered by Saint Louis bond proponents from the vantage point of electoral geography; Summary of Saint Louis City general...