NRSRO Bill Changes To Be Weighed
- SEC Proposes New Rules for Raters. Quigley, Joan // Bond Buyer;5/19/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33520, p1
The article reports on the approval of the proposed rules under the 2006 Credit Rating Agency Reform Act that would strengthen the transparency of credit ratings and the supervision of rating agencies by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- House OKs Rating Agency Bill. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Congress' approval of legislation designed to foster competition, transparency and accountability for credit rating agencies. The 255-166 vote came largely along party lines with support from only 31 Democrats, no Republicans voted against the measure. The...
- Aline Darbellay, REGULATING CREDIT RATING AGENCIES Cheltenham, Edward Elgar Publishing () 2013. xv + 275pp. ISBN 9780857939364. Â£79. Burns, Tom // Edinburgh Law Review;Sep2014, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p462
No abstract available.
- RegulaciÃ³n de las agencias de calificaciÃ³n crediticia. // Estrategia Financiera;2008, Vol. 24 Issue 256, p6
No abstract available.
- Europe cracks down on credit rating agencies. Kenway, Natalie // Fund Strategy;5/4/2009, p5
The article reports on the legislation passed to the European Parliament which will ban the credit rating agencies (CRAs) in the European Union (EU) from carrying out consultancy work in Great Britain. It was passed after the CRA fails in the collapse of the global financial system. Daven...
- Rating reform benefits bond market. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/9/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p25
The article reports on the reform initiated by the members of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) for the benefits of bond market in New York. NAIC announces that the proposed reform will effective on July 1, 2008 which allows to substitute for credit rating from the NAIC...
- SEC Delays Rating Agency Reform Rules. K. S. // Asset Securitization Report;11/24/2009, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p16
The article reports on the postponement of credit rating agency reform rules in the U.S. by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). It states that the releasing of proposal of SEC with regards credit agency reform is necessary to eliminate malpractice in the said field. It notes that...
- Finance reform revived. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;1/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the amendment of the campaign-finance reform legislation in the U.S. Impact of the bill on broadcasting industry; Views of U.S President George W. Bush on the campaign-finance reform; Details on the reform legislation.
- Industrial assurance. // Accountancy;Jan2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1301, p115
Reports the effectivity of the amendments on the Finance Act of 1996.