WCA Unites Unlicensed, Unwired
- Perfect timing. // Electronics Weekly;5/1/2002, Issue 2050, p18
Comments on the proposal of the government of Great Britain to auction licenses for broadband wireless communications services. Effect of close proximity to radio waves; Business confidence in the telecommunication market.
- Fixed Wireless Licenses Headed For Auction Block. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the move of the British government to auction the fixed-wireless network spectrum at 28 and 40 gigahertz. Challenges faced by the bidders for the spectrum; Bid of Tele2 UK for the spectrum; Other bidders for the fixed-wireless licenses.
- U.K. judge says gov't can't force roaming on carriers. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p42
Reports on the British government's determination to keep its third-generation licensing time frame despite a London High Court ruling that the government cannot force existing wireless operators to grant roaming rights to a new entrant. Government's plan to auction 3G spectrum in January 1999;...
- Righting a Wrong. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;9/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p37
Comments on issues concerning the wireless communications industry. Significance of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's plan to lift financial obligations for bidders in Auction 35 for wireless companies; Views on a man sentenced to four-month prison for using a mobile phone on an...
- FCC delays May 19 220MHz service auction. // Mobile Radio Technology;May98, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p57
Reports that the May 19, 1998 220 megahertz auction will be delayed pending the US Federal Communications Commission resolution of petitions for reconsideration. Announcement of the new auction dates within five days after the commission rules on the petitions; Wireless Telecommunications...
- Japan gives up on 5 GHz band for wireless access. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p52
Focuses on Japanese Government's decision not to use the 5 gigahertz band for wireless access services in an open field.
- FCC extends deadline to implement number portability. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's extension of the deadline for implementing local number portability in the wireless communications industry. Value of portability to users switching carriers; Impact of the decision to the agency's rules on the implementation of...
- FCC to settle remaining refarming issues. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p8
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) preparation to vote to resolve issues regarding the refarming docket. Use of refarming in the wireless communications industry; FCC's plans to refine the refarming proceeding.
- Discord on spectrum policy heightens as WRC nears. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p26
Reports on the conflict between the Bill Clinton Administration and the wireless telecommunications industry over the United States spectrum policy for third-generation wireless systems. Industry complaints about the government's spectrum proposal; Telecom companies that are backing cdma2000...