What's Behind the Web Portal Door?
- Companies strive to improve wireless Web searchability. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p22
Highlights wireless Internet search provider Pinpoint's Search Anywhere platform, a unified search and navigation program allowing keyword searches of the company's index of wireless Web sites.
- metrics. // EContent;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p14
Presents statistical information on electronic content business. Projected wireless entertainment revenues by 2006; Dot-com business turnaround timetable; Web search engine size.
- Players aim to tame wireless data world. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p30
Evaluates several wireless data application products and services. InCharge automated service assurance software from SMARTS Inc.; Fast Search & Transfer's FAST Mobile Search engine and filtering service; Venturi Web server from Fourelle Systems Inc.; MobilEmPower data delivery system for...
- PERSPECTIVE. Webber, Sheila // Information World Review;Dec2000, Issue 164, p54
Focuses on mobile communication devices and search engines in 2000. Another role that search engine providers should realise in 2001; Profit opportunity for information professionals.
- Mobile-ize. PALMIERI, MARISA // Landscape Management;May2015, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p6
The author comments on the Web search algorithm update, dubbed "Mobile-geddon," that was launched by technology company Google in April 2015 in which it will favor Web sites which are easy to view on a small mobile phone screens. Topics covered include the level of smartphone ownership among...
- Gmystery. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;3/3/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p10
The author reflects on the plans of search engine Google Inc. for the wireless industry. The author mentions the widespread presence of Google in the wireless sector citing the actions it took as a proof of its determination including the bids it placed in the 700 megahertz auction, among...
- news. Donelan, Jenny // Computer Graphics World;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p10
Presents several telecommunication products in Great Britain as of August 2002. Launch of workstation graphics accelerators from ATI Technologies; Introduction of character animation engine Active Character Technology from Natural Motion Limited; Performance rating of Wildcat III graphics...
- lobox. // Fortune;7/24/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p190
The article reports on Iobox. Its name is an abbreviation if the computer term, input and output box. The company, based in Helsinki and founded by Jari Ovaskainen, has made a Web portal for mobile phone users. Signing up at Iobox's website (www.iobox.com) will allow users to view news, stock...
- Rebirth of the wireless portal. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p24
Reports on Internet portals of wireless communication companies. Result of a study of portals in Europe; Features of the wireless application protocol portal of Openwave; Main criteria for all portals wishing to encourage consumption of services.