Sonera Purchases Powertel Interest
- The Powertel and the glory. Haselhurst, David // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/20/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6229, p71
Analyzes the stock performance of Australia-based telecommunications firm Powertel Inc. Market capitalization; Changes in the company's share price; Major shareholders; Powertel's telecommunication projects in the country. INSET: BLUE CHIP..
- Sonera Shedding Powertel Shares. // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p16
Focuses on the decision of Sonera company to sell a percentage of its shares in Powertel Inc. to Deutsche Telekom company. Estimated value of the sale; Shares owned by Sonera in both Powertel company and VoiceStream Wireless company.
- The Expert Opinion. // Journal of Global Information Technology Management;1998, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p56
This article presents an interview with M.V. Thomas, an executive at Powertel Inc. of Georgia, provider of wireless personal communications services. The company also plans on expanding their wireless telecommunications systems throughout the southeastern United States. Thomas says they use the...
- Powertel to offer Zed service. // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p38
Reports the offer of Powertel Inc. of a personal communications service called mobile VAS from Sonera Zed in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Ericsson to supply Sonera 3G network. // RCR Wireless News;1/1/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
Reports that Ericsson will supply its third-generation UMTS radio access network equipment and services to Sonera.
- Ericsson, Powertel join forces. Sklar, Debbie L. // America's Network;10/01/97, Vol. 101 Issue 19, p62
Reports that Ericsson and Powertel Inc. has been selected as a personal communications service (PCS) infrastructure vendor for the Kentucky and Tennessee basic trading areas (BTAs). Details of the agreement between the two companies.
- Sonera ready with HSCSD network, but waiting on handsets. // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p28
Focuses on Finnish operator Sonera's plan to rollout its High Speed Circuit Switched Data network in Finland.
- Sonera to launch UMTS services in September. // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p6
Announces the plan of Finnish operator Sonera to launch commercial Universal Mobile Telecommunication System (UMTS) services on September 26, 2002. Significance of the move to third-generation telecommunication systems in Europe; Background of the company's UMTS operation in Finland; Supplier...
- Zed ahead. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;08/14/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 7, p46
Reports on the creation of Sonera Zed company in the United States Finnish wireless telecommunication operator Sonera company. Partnership of Sonera with Powertel company; Importance of the move of Sonera company; Overview of the deal.