HighwayMaster's New Course Yields Results
- Cheaper HighwayMaster. // Overdrive;May98, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p94
Introduces the Series 3000 wireless telecommunication system for truckers from HighwayMaster. Capabilities of the communication system; Features of the Series 3000; Price of the product.
- Cellular/PCS. // Wireless Week;11/01/99, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p34
Presents update on the cellular communications industry as of November 1, 1999. Benefits of HighwayMaster Communications Inc.'s TrackWare Remote Unit to trucking companies; Reasons behind the partnership between AirCell Inc. and Centennial Cellular Corporation.
- Communication evolution. Johnson, Sage // Overdrive;Jan99, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p118
Focuses on the development of communication systems used by the trucking industry in the United States. Type of communication used by truckers during the first half of the 20th century; Features of the Citizens Band radio; Features of satellite communications used in the industry; Benefits of...
- Will transponders shave time off my runs? Hartley, Paul // Overdrive;Jan2000, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p77
Discusses the effects of transponder radio transmitters on the operations of trucking companies in the United States. Development of transponders during World War II; Concerns regarding information control; Prediction on the standard inclusion of transponders in dashboards of trucks.
- New wireless data system seen enhancing communication in the tracking industry. Richman, Michael // Traffic World;7/4/94, Vol. 239 Issue 1, p36
Reports on the testing of Cellular Digital Packet Data, a two-way wireless data technology capable of improving communication between truckers and dispatchers. Features; Applications and uses.
- Trailer tracking interface standard. // Fleet Owner;Apr99, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on the trailer tracking system called Trailer Tracking Interface Standard developed by several trucking companies in the United States. Advantages of the trailer tracking system; Details on the system.
- Optimize Your Operating Efficiency. // Fleet Equipment;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 12, pT4
Discusses guidelines for trucking companies in selecting an on-board communication system in the United States. Definition of needs; Process of locating vendors that meet critical requirements; Participation in some hands-on presentations for demonstrations of the system's capabilities; Testing...
- Mobile Communications--A Look Ahead. // Fleet Equipment;May99, Vol. 25 Issue 5, Business Management p3
Provides a list of different companies that provide mobile communications in the trailer tracking industry. Features of the integrated terrestrial/satellite network of The American Mobile; Functions of the Dominium Tracker system of Arinc; Details on the approach of Bellsouth Wireless Data.
- Computer on board. Hatt, Kathleen // Overdrive;Feb96, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p74
Reports that Schneider National Carriers have mounted satellite dishes and installed computers in trucks to improve owner-operators efficiency with their pickups. Information on Leon Mills and Bob Gilman; Estimate of owner-operators linked with computers; Assignment of loads; Benefits for...