Lucent Projects $1.7B Excel Acquisition Soon
- Lucent rounds out portfolio with Excel buy. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p1
Reports on Lucent Technologies Inc.'s plans of acquiring Hyannis, Massachusetts-based Excel Switching Corp. Details of the purchasing plan; Expected impact of Excel on markets served by Lucent; Overview of Excel's telecommunication switching platforms.
- Lucent Spending Spree Continues. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the purchase of Excel Switching Corp. by Lucent Technologies Inc. Concerns over Lucent's acquisition spree in the telecommunications equipment industry; Other firms acquired by Lucent; Impact of Lucent's acquisition spree on the telecommunications equipment industry.
- Lucent Continues To Excel At Buying Binge. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;08/23/99, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p14
Reports the acquisition of Excel Switching company by Lucent Technologies Inc. Implication of the acquisition on the product portfolio of Lucent; Major attraction of Excel's programmable hardware and software; Integration plans of Lucent for Excel's products.
- Software bender. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;08/23/99, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p9
Deals with the acquisition of Excel Switching's software-programmable switching platforms by Lucent Technologies company. Remarks from Dan Stanzione, Lucent's executive vice president; Plans of Lucent for the Excel platform. INSETS: FCC takes charge of access battle, by Brian Quinton;Briefly.
- Industry Update -- Infrastructure. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p6
Reports global developments in the telecommunication industry as of July 2003. Recovery on the price per share of Marconi Corp. in the London stock market; Sale of Excel Switching Corp. to a group of investors by Lucent Technologies Inc.; Information about the business operations of Excel.
// Inter@ctive Week;08/30/99, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p76
Presents news briefs on the computer industry in the United States as of August 30, 1999. Acquisition of Excel Switching company by Lucent Technologies Inc.; Features of the Josh.com home page of Josh Levine, one of the founders of ECN, an electronic network.
- Cisco Grabs Two, Lucent Takes One. Hesseldahl, Arik // Electronic News;08/23/99, Vol. 45 Issue 34, p12
Provides information on the separate acquisitions made by Cisco Systems company and Lucent Technologies in August 1999. Acquisition of Calista Inc. by Cisco; Move of Cisco to acquire MaxComm Technologies Inc.; Estimated value of the acquisition of Excel Switching Corp. by Lucent.
- Lucent makes bid for Excel. Rendleman, John // PC Week;08/23/99, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p29
Reports on the plans of Lucent Technologies Inc. of New Jersey to buy Excel Switching Corp. as of August 1999. Plans of Lucent to incorporate Excel's programmable switching technology with its own platforms; Other companies purchased by Lucent with strong networking equipment and software;...
- Lucent expands optoelectronics business with Ortel acquisition. Pease, Robert // Lightwave;Apr2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p25
Announces the acquisition of Ortel Corp. by Lucent Technologies. Overview of the terms of the deal; Significance of the move to Lucent's expansion into an area of optical telecommunications; Potential benefits of Ortel technology to Lucent.