Iridium Refuses To Trash System
- Iridium Goes Into Chapter 11. Bulloch, Chris // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the Iridium companies' proposed restructuring plan under the voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy or reorganization rules in the United States. Details of the firm's reorganization; Involuntary petition filed by the company on behalf of bondholders.
- Iridium tripped up by tests. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;09/14/98, Vol. 235 Issue 11, p8
Reports that Iridium Inc. postponed its planned September 23, 1998 launch of commercial telecommunication service to November 1, 1998, in order to allow more time for testing the system. Test process' identification of areas in the system that require adjustments; Analysts' notion that the...
- Untitled. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Communications;Apr99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the effects of delays to Iridium's business and strategic plans. Failure of the Kyocera handset to pass the firm's quality testing.
- Iridium numbers fall short of target. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the likelihood that Iridium LLC will fall short of the revenue and subscription targets stipulated in the telecommunication company's bank loan agreements. Requirements of the bank covenants; Debt rating of corporate entities related to Iridium; Iridium's claims on the causes of its...
- IRIDIUM FALLS FROM ORBIT. Caprio, Dennis // Yachting;Jun2000, Vol. 187 Issue 6, p42
Comments on the Iridium telecommunications system of Iridium LLC.
- Life after Iridium: Asian gateway partners left to mop up. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Apr2000, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the decision of Iridium LLC to leave its telecommunication partners in Asia. Failure by the company to sign its target number of subscribers; Factors attributed to the company's failure in the region; Closure of its headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand.
- So how do you order Iridium service? Rohde, David // Network World;02/22/99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p29
Relates the author's experience with Iridium's ordering service. Delays in operations, even after Iridium had launched all its 66 satellites; Troubles in accessing information and services through its Web site; Run-around treatment by its public relations representative.
- Observe how the mighty may truly crash and burn. Schweber, Bill // EDN;04/13/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p19
Reports on the financial problem of telecommunication company Iridium LLC. Company's filing for bankruptcy protection; Possible shutdown of the company's global communication system; Shutting down of the system's ground stations.
- IRIDIUM GOES OFF LINE IN SA. // African Business;May2000, Issue 254, p32
Reports on the closure of the office of telecommunication firm Iridium in South Africa. Factors behind the closure; Servicing of Iridium customers in South Africa from Dubai or Germany.