- Comsat approves Lockheed merger. // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p37
Reports that Comsat Corp.'s stockholders have approved the company's proposed merger with Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Taking On Comsat. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;7/03/99, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p1965
Focuses on the actions taken by a coalition to influence legislation concerning the merger between Comsat Corp. and Lockheed Martin Corp. in the United States. Names of the companies involved in the coalition; Reasons for the move; Details of the proposal made by the coalition.
- WASHINGTON outlook. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/7/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p27
Reports on developments related to government policy regarding the aerospace industry in the United States as of August 3, 2000. Lockheed Martin's acquisition of Comsat; U.S. government's review of its plan to build and X-band radar in Alaska for its national missile defense program.
- Shakeup in the skies as Lockheed acquires Comsat. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p17
Reports on Lockheed Martin Corp.'s acquisition of Comsat. Mark of era in communications satellite deployment; Intensification of competition among satellite providers; Impact and benefits of the acquisition; Analysts' assessment of the acquisition contract.
- PanAmSat opposes Lockheed-COMSAT deal. Bourne // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/04/99, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p5
Focuses on Greenwich, Connecticut-based PanAmSat Corp.'s opposition to Lockheed Martin Corp.'s proposed acquisition of satellite services provider COMSAT Corp. Expected amendment of the 1962 Satellite Telecommunications Act; PanAmSat's request for the United States Court of Appeals to order the...
- Lockheed-Martin deal wins approval. Velocci, Jr, Anthony L. . // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/16/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p25
Reports on the approval by the US Federal Trade Commission on the merger between Lockheed Corp. and Martin Marietta Corporation to be completed by March 1995. Conditions for ensuring competition; Lockeed Martin Corp. to be the largest defense contractor in the world; Details of the settlement.
- Untitled. // Satellite Communications;Apr99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on Comsat Corporation's reduction of rates on its thin route services. Benefits from the reduction; Level of the reduction.
- Comcast's X1 Gets Into the Game. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;9/2/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p3
The article offers brief information on the Internet protocol-capable X1 platform from Comsat Corp.
- High flier. // Business News New Jersey;11/27/96, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p2
Reports that aerospace manufacturer Lockheed Martin Corp. will add 240 jobs to its Moorestown, New Jersey plant.