New Foods, Technologies Hit the Spot: Vending `Round the Clock
- NUTS, SEEDS & GRANOLA GAINING SHARE: SWEET AND SALTY SNACKS. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p73
Provides information on the products sold in snack vending machines in the U.S. in 2002. Market shares for snacks and confections; Sales of nuts and seeds; Performance of local and national brands of snack foods.
- Busier offices but Healthier Staffï¿½ Is Vending Benefiting from the Latest Lunchtime Trends? Martin, Charlotte // Vending International;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p8
The article offers information about the involvement of vending industry in providing fresh and healthy foods to workers in Great Britain. It is stated that having two workers who eat fresh foods out of three is not a disadvantage to the vending industry because of advanced machines that are...
- Healthy vending does work, says Mark Summerill, of Revive Vending. // Vending International;Apr2008, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p20
The article presents the statement of Mark Summerill of Revive Vending as he explains the efficiency of vending machines with healthy food products. Summerill mentioned that there is an increasing number of customers who are asking for healthier options within their snack and drink range. With...
- A healthy debate. // Vending International;Dec2015, p16
The article focuses on healthy food options for customers of the automated vending business. Topics include the internet and social media as marketing tools for healthy foods, campaign against added and hidden sugar in food and drink products, and automated vending as having the potential of a...
- Yo - this vending machine is good for you. Doran, Ryan // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/19/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 42, p2
The article focuses on YoNaturals Inc., a company under the Allie's Natural Vending in Darien, Connecticut which manufactures vending machines that offer healthy food snacks including apple slices, pita chips and natural fruit drinks. The company is owned by Alison and Steve De Nicolas, a former...
- JUNK FOOD IN SCHOOL. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;12/9/2009, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p5
The article discusses a study from Yale University which found that students will not necessarily gorge themselves on junk food at home if chips and sugary foods are removed from school vending machines. The study surveyed students from three Connecticut middle schools before and after their...
- Self-serve soda... // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Reports on a newly developed vending machine that can dispense 18 flavors of soda into customers' own empty one- and two-liter plastic soda bottles. Currently being tested in some supermarkets; Self-cleaning; Rinsing of empty bottles; Direct recycling of used bottles.
- ...And really fresh fries. // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Describes a new vending machine that uses dehydrated potato dough and hot canola oil to cook fresh french fries right in the machine. A dollar cost of about 33 hot fries dispensed within one minute; Current tests on military bases worldwide.
- Pass the fries. // Current Health 1;Nov92, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Discusses a new vending machine that makes fresh french fries in about one minute. Potato dough and hot oil; Cost of about 33 fries; Use on military bases.