Food in Review
- Cheesy Enhancement. // Food Processing (00156523);Jun2006 Supplement, Vol. 67, p8
The article reports the line of kosher-certified Saporesse savory flavor enhancer by Synergy Flavors Inc. in the U.S. Saporesse lactic yeast extracts magnify the cheese flavors without boosting the calories or fat when added to cheese or cheese-containing products. Saporesse contains no lactose...
- Carb Tracker Muffin Batter. // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p19
The line of reduced-carbohydrate muffin batter launched by Main Street Gourmet, aimed at commercial customers, is free of trans fats, has no sugar and is certified kosher dairy. The batter is available in four flavors namely blueberry, French vanilla, chocolate decadence and caramel praline; and...
- What's BHT? // Body Bulletin;Nov2002, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p6
Provides information on food additive called butylated hydroxytoluene or BHT.
- Common Food Additives. // Body Bulletin;Nov2002, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p6
Provides information on common food additives.
- Showcase: Fruit and fruit flavors. McCue, Nancy // Prepared Foods;Nov94, Vol. 163 Issue 12, p74
Lists several fruit and fruit flavors introductions. Fruit flavors line from Haarmann & Reimer's Flavor Division; Natural fat substitute from California Prune Board; Freeze dried raspberries from Basic Vegetable Products; Cargill Juices' Citro-America's concentrated orange juice.
- CREATORS BRIEFS. // Beverage Industry;Nov2000, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p86
Presents news items concerning food technology in the United States. Development of natural and artificial mamey flavors by chemists at David Michael & Co.; Use of prickly pear cactus puree to add a melon-fig flavor and fuschia color to a product; Saint Louis Flavors' offering of natural and...
- Ingredients update. // Prepared Foods;Mar97, Vol. 166 Issue 3, p64
Provides an update on the latest ingredient releases. CVC dehydrofrozen vegetables from Basic vegetable Products; Seasoning blends and bases for salad dressing systems from Integrated Ingredients; Dean Foods Amboy's tomato and marinara sauces; Superflex confectionery flavors from Virginia Dare;...
- INGREDIENT UPDATE. // Prepared Foods;Oct2000, Vol. 169 Issue 10, p80
Presents several food ingredients. Kikkoman Dehydrated Teriyaki Sauce from Kikoman International Inc.; Asian flavor ingredients from Geneva Ingredients company; Custom-structured lipids from Stepan Co.
- Focused Flavor Creation. Heinze, Richard // Perfumer & Flavorist;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p40
Studies the focused creation of flavors using quantitative and qualitative sensory properties. Selection of ingredients by existing formulas or experience, by reading the literature, by odor and by supplier or peer recommendation; Evaluation criteria for ingredients; Intensity determination.