Specialty Flavors Move Up on the Menu: Vinegar Makes a Splash
- Bon Appetit. Rabat, Maria // Vegetarian Times;Jan2002, Issue 293, p18
Features the Lucini Gran Riserva Balsamico and Pinot Grigio vinegars.
- SPICE UP YOUR BACKYARD. // USA Today Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 130 Issue 2674, p76
Presents several condiments. Ketchups from World's Best Inc.; Classic Ketchup from Vermont Gold company; Roland Organic Balsamic Vinegar for salads and crudites from American Roland Food Corporation.
- FRIDGE WISDOM. Applegate, Liz // Runner's World;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p58
The article provides information on several condiments ideal for runners. The condiments include mustard, chimichurri sauce, salsa and vinegar.
- ACID IS GOOD. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Spring2001, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p4
The article provides information on vinegars and tamarind which are important to Asian cuisine. Asian vinegars are made largely from rice. It can be used either as a condiment or cooking ingredient. Tamarind is a versatile fruit that produces flavorful seed pods. It can be purchased as an...
- [the essentials]. Quick, Susie // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p136
Presents a guide to essential food ingredients. Benefits from using balsamic vinegar; Tips on choosing salt; Uses of flat-leaf parsley.
- With Raisin Paste For Masking Spoilage! Di Justo, Patrick // Wired;Jul2011, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p46
The article describes several food ingredients and their uses. Distilled vinegar is considered as a meat tenderizer and it is made from industrial vats of pure ethanol. An eighth of the recommended daily dosage of sodium is contained in one tablespoon of salt. The capacity of garlic and onions...
- 'One Sauce Fits All' Is the New Flavor. Cole, Diane; Terrell, Kenneth // U.S. News & World Report;8/1/2005, Vol. 139 Issue 4, p64
Evaluates various condiments. Marinade by Private Harvest; Dressings by Beyond Classics; Balsamic vinegars by Rising Sun Farms; Preserves by High Desert.
- The Vinaigrette Variations. Sherwood, Kate // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun2011, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p11
This article presents recipes for Sydney Stir Fry, Saint-Tropez Chicken and Santa Monica Mushroom Salad.
- Chocolat Weiss Vinecao Vinegar. // MarketWatch: Food;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that Chocolat Weiss LLC has unveiled the Chocolat Weiss Vinecao Vinegar in the United States market. The vinegar is said to balance sweet, sour, bitter and acidic flavors according to the company. The suggested retail price in the United States is $19.00.