Demographics drive demand
- Asian Inroads. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p109
Focuses on the inclusion of Oriental dishes to United States college campuses' foodservice menus. Chinese dishes offered at Villanova University; Signs of the emerging acceptance of Oriental dishes; In-house brand introduced by California State University.
- Expanding the Asian Empire. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;2/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p54
This article reports on the increasing popularity of Asian cuisine across the U.S. and how schools and healthcare institutions try to incorporate more Asian food in their kitchens. A dining services director in a university even plans to hire Asian celebrity chefs to work with and train staff in...
- From Kansas to Nepal. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p42
The article deals with the introduction of Asian flavors to the dishes being served at University of Kansas in Lawrence. It describes the foods of Nepal prepared by Janna Traver, the assistant director and executive chef at the university. Traver shares the importance of combining the exotic...
- Serving new twists. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on variations in the turkey dishes served by college and university food-service operators in the U.S. Information on the use of turkey as an alternative to other meat types; Ways of using turkey in cooking, according to chef Eric Lenard of the University of Washington in Seattle;...
- Asian brand debuts at Univ. of N. Hampshire. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p16
Features the Asian Creations food station at the University of New Hampshire in Durham. Average number of customers daily; Color and variety of Asian cuisine served at the food station; Style of cooking used; Plans for additional menu items.
- Getting the full experience. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on Asian food served at college or university campuses in the United States. Ways of serving Asian foods; Types of sushi roll at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst; Stir-fries at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire.
- Asian Persuasion. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of food and nutrition experts on the introduction of Asian ingredients in the menus of schools and universities in the U.S. Reasons for the implementation of the initiative; Consideration of the initiative as a way of understanding Asian culture; Health benefits from the...
- Asian Marketplace. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p42
The article deals with the offering of Asian dishes at non-commercial food service operations in the U.S. Parkhurst Dining Services prepares Asian dishes at its client campuses including Washington & Jefferson College in Washington, Pennsylvania where it offers Korean tacos, sushi and Thai...
- "Bland Is Gone.". // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p46
The author shares how they incorporated Asian dishes in the food service operations of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. A survey has revealed that undergraduate students want to see Korean dishes on the menus. The food service operations decided to put up a Korean barbecue...