A hit with all grades
- ACCESSIBLE ASIAN. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p59
Focuses on Asian cuisine. Information on dipping sauce for Asian finger foods; Reason for the implementation of Asian cuisine at East Side Union High School District in San Jose, California; Features of Middle Eastern cuisine at the University of Maryland in College Park.
- Asian dishes go mainstream. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p90
Focuses on the inclusion of Asian dishes in the menu of school food service facilities in the United States. Information on several popular Asian dishes; Educational campaign for students to learn more about Asian foods.
- Demos fuel Asian's growth. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p92
Offers a look at the display-cook preparation of Asian foods on college and university campuses in the United States. Offerings of several food service facilities; Benefits of display cooking; Oil used in cooking Asian foods.
- Kids Gleeful for Sushi. // FoodService Director;2/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p54
The article discusses the growing popularity of the Japanese dish sushi among the young people. It cites the serving of sushi in high school cafeterias following the roll out of three types of sushi in Miami Dade County Public Schools namely the Cali-Ocho Roll, Veggie roll and the Sweet 'N...
- Cultural influences. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p66
Focuses on strategies employed by U.S. school food service directors to include Asian seafood into their menus. Executive chef David Kasier of Keio Academy in Purchase, New York City; Jean Baecher-Brown, assistant director over central food service operation of Portland Public Schools in Oregon.
- Asian Persuasion. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of food and nutrition experts on the introduction of Asian ingredients in the menus of schools and universities in the U.S. Reasons for the implementation of the initiative; Consideration of the initiative as a way of understanding Asian culture; Health benefits from the...
- Hmong Dishes Just Like Mom's (Almost). // Food Management;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the Saint Paul Public School District in Minnesota's serving of Hmong dishes in school cafeterias. Percentage of the district's student population who are members of the ethnic group; Sources of Hmong recipes adopted by the district.
- Street Cred: Translating Asian Street Food. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p38
The article reports on the popularity of Asian street food as university and school dining options. Chef Mai Pham, who signed a deal with Sodexho to bring her concept Star Ginger Asian Grill & Noodle Bar to college campuses, says that street food works well with a casual campus dining...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.