More specialties on tap
- What's so great about oriental foods?. Rumpf, Eva // Current Health 2;Jan1993, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p22
Reports that Oriental food establishments are becoming popular with people from all walks of life and ethnic backgrounds. Foods from countries in the Far East; Chinese food; Japanese food; Korean cuisine; Regional differences; Health benefits; Recipe; Contact point.
- Letters to the editor; R.S.V.P. // Bon Appetit;Aug88, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p14
Recipe given for won ton salad, which was enjoyed by a reader at the Cafe Carmon in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Asian light. Olney, Judith; Yeykal, Teresa // Prevention;Aug94, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p98
Discusses the Asian diet. Though Asians eat more calories than Western people, their cholesterol levels are lower, they weigh less, and they have a significantly lower rate of breast cancer than the general female population in the United States. Their eating habits; Stir frying; Oriental...
- Prevention's new clip-and-use recipes. // Prevention;Aug94, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p129
Presents 3"x5" size recipes for Asian light fare. Grilled chicken with lime juice and lemon grass; Quick stir-fried cabbage; Hanoi noodles in broth with chicken; Fish stew with dill; Southern rice.
- Let's do dim sum. Morgan, J. // Bon Appetit;Mar1989, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p32
Discusses Chinese dim sum (bite-size snacks). Presents a selection of dim sum recipes. Dim sum restaurants; Types of dim sum; Choice of tea. INSET: Even easier.;Do-ahead hints..
- Chinese peanut-chicken and noodles. // Redbook;Feb89, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p20
Recipe for Oriental chicken breast in a spicy peanut butter sauce.
- Supper's getting cold. Carroll, Mary // Vegetarian Times;Aug93, Issue 192, p30
Presents several Asian, cold and meat-free recipes suitable for hot summer evenings. Tips in making cold dishes; Pickled Vegetable Appetizer; Grilled Tofu; Marinated Asparagus; Cold and Spicy Noodles; Asian Coleslaw; Vanilla-Scented Pineapple.
- Asian cuisine in pole position. // South Asian Post;10/27/2011, p7
The article presents a Great Britain news brief where a poll conducted by travel site Skyscanner found that people are liking the Asian food more than European or American food due to variety and flavor, dishes from Thailand, India, China and Japan have grabbed five out of ten places in the...
- healing foods. Asian-Style Braised Baby Turnips. // Better Nutrition;Mar2012, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p56
A recipe for Asian style braised baby turnips is presented.