It's Even Used in Asian Dishes: All-Purpose Pastas
- TRENDING UP: From-scratch pizza making a comeback. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p65
Reports on the profitability yield offered by pasta entrees to noncommercial food service operators. Reason for its appeal to the public; Preparation method.
- PROFITABLE PASTAbilities. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Oct2000, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p46
Presents suggestions on how pasta can be served in creative ways by United States food service operators. Popularity of pasta with consumers; Profitability of including pasta in the menu; Pasta recipes.
- SFM panel discusses, predicts future trends for foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/11/99, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p22
Presents an expert panel's views on future market prospects for the United States foodservice sector. Food profiles favored by consumers; Types of foods that will fit the profiles preferred by patrons; Types of venues where those foods will be prepared and served.
- Fast Forward. // Restaurant Business;01/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p16
Discusses changes that are building in the United States foodservice industry in the 21st century. Where consumers want their restaurants to be; Changes in consumers' preferences on what to eat and drink; Technological advances that will help operators oblige to patrons' demands.
- KICKING IT UP A NOTCH. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2012, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the result of the study conducted by Technomic research firm in Chicago, Illinois which reveals that more than half of the consumers prefer to visit restaurants that offer innovative flavours.
- Trainwreck food stall is a smash in China. // Grocer;8/22/2015, p57
The article features the trainwreck food stall in Changchun, China that is gaining popularity among passers-by.
- GOING WITH THE GRAINS. Frewin, Angela // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/11/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4760, p46
The article reports on the popularity of rice and pasta on the catering menu in Great Britain. Rice and pasta were kept high on the list of menu staples as a result of the nation's continuing love for Mediterranean and Asian cuisine. They serve as sides, mains, accompaniments or desserts, and...
- FROM ETHNIC SPECIALTY TO SPECIALTY OF THE HOUSE: PASTA GOES MAINSTREAM. Fiss, Mary Lassen // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p64
Focuses on the consumption of pasta in the U.S. Preparation of pasta at Pasadena Unified School District; Retail costs of pasta served at King's Daughters Medical Center; Types of cheese that can be added to pasta.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/19/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 46, p6
Several corrections to articles published in previous issues are presented, including "Handheld pot pie concept: The Cravery aims to overcome initial growing pains," on the November 12, 2007 issue, "Analysts: Projected macaroni grill price may portend M&A pressure," on the November 5, 2007 issue...