- Smart Snacking. Brayfield, Amy // Arthritis Today;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p26
Presents a list of substitute healthy snacks recommended in weight loss programs.
- WEIGHT LOSS. // Women's Health;May2012, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p32
This section offers news briefs related to weight loss and nutrition. A study in the "American Journal of Epidemiology" reported that women whose weight fluctuated by at least 10 pounds more than 20 times in their lives were not more likely to die prematurely. A study from the "Journal of...
- Snack on This. McGinnis, Marianne // Prevention;Feb2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p77
Popcorn and pretzels are common snacks for many dieters, but this carbohydrate load may be sabotaging your weight loss.French researchers found that high-protein snacks keep you full longer and may reduce the amount you eat at your next meal. Most of us don't think of chicken as a snack, but 2...
- Seniors Benefit from Strategic Snacking. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug2007, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p8
The article looks at a study published in the "Journal of the American Dietetic Association," which states that snacking may be beneficial to seniors. According to the article, as people age their calorie intake tends to drop, which can but older adults at risk for unintended weight loss....
- Don't Forget the Protein. Heber, David // American Institute for Cancer Research Newsletter;2011, Issue 113, p11
The article offers information on the importance of protein in maintaining and building muscle as well as staying full after meals in order to maintain a healthful weight for lower cancer risk. An interview with Dr. David Heber, founding director of the University of California-Los Angeles...
- Just Ask Me. Paulsen, Barbara // Health (Time Inc. Health);Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p16
Answers several questions about women's health. Tips for healthy snacking; Weight loss after shoulder surgery; How to facial skin.
- inside diet. // NW;1/30/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p82
This section presents information related to health. A study conducted by the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri showed that people walking dogs can help one lose weight. A study conducted by the University of Minnesota found that people who weigh themselves daily lose twice as much as...
- ask the weight loss coach. Cruise, Jorge // Prevention;Oct2004, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p126
Offers answers to a question about eating healthy while traveling for business. Need for one to either book reservations at a hotel with a gym or bring along a fitness video; Pack healthy snacks; How health food may be expensive to purchase.
- 6 SIMPLE WAYS TO EAT HEALTHY ALL DAY. // Jet;8/9/2004, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p20
Offers advice on how to properly diet and lose weight by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Suggestion that eating a healthy breakfast helps to give the body energy to work from; Need for snacks to be low in fat, sugar, salt, and calories; Importance of drinking at least 64 ounces of water per...