- Official USDA Food Plans: Cost of Food at Home at Four Levels, U.S. Average, June 2000. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1999, Vol. 12 Issue 3/4, p115
Presents a tabular representation of the weekly and monthly food costs on different age-gender groups, based on the food plans of the United States Department of Agriculture for June 2000.
- Study increases food waste estimate. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;07/07/97, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p2
Focuses on information released the week ending July 5, 1997 by the United States Department of Agriculture relating to food produce for human consumption which is thrown out as waste. Percentage of the food which is thrown out annually; What the study generated; Factors leading to household...
- Size wise. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb98, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p33
Compares the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) recommended food serving sizes, and the actual sizes served in restaurants in the United States, according to the UC Berkley Wellness Letter. Realization that some of the sizes are more than doubled the USDA version.
- USDA releases report on the growing importance of 'food hubs'. // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;2/26/2013, p6
The article offers information on a report released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in February 2013 concerning the opportunities, challenges, and economic role of food hubs in the local food movement in the U.S.
- Bathtime for eggies. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;05/16/98, Vol. 158 Issue 2134, p17
Announces that the world's first pasteurized fresh eggs will go on sale in the United States in 1998. Machine called `Big Pete' used to pasteurize the eggs; Steps of the process that are banned in Europe; Pasteurized Eggs company located in Laconia, New Hampshire; Comments from John Davidson,...
- National Organic Rules Revised by the USDA. // Organic Gardening (08973792);May/Jun2000, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the revised national organic standards written by the United States Department of Agriculture.
- The food guide pyramid. Hunter, Beatrice Trum // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep95, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p8
Compares the food consumption of Americans with the recommended servings from the US Department of Agriculture's Food Guide Pyramid. Survey indicating discrepancies between reported food intake and actual food eaten; Increase in consumption of fats and oils and sweeteners; Criticisms on the...
- USDA finally tackles `organic' definition and proposes national standards. // Environmental Nutrition;Feb98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
Comments on the proposals by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) on the national labeling standards and definition for organic food. Requirement for packaged organic foods to contain at least 95 percent organic ingredients by weight; Farming systems that must be used by organic growers;...
- Official USDA Food Plans: Cost of Food at Home at Four Levels, U.S. Average, December 1998. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1998, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p68
Presents a chart of the average cost of food at United States (US) homes in December 1998, as estimated by the US Department of Agriculture.