To Relax Wage-Hr. Restrictions: Senate debates `comp time'
- Employers prepare for new overtime law effective Jan.1, 2000. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/20/99, Issue 322553, p9
Details changes in the overtime law of California. Definition of overtime; Alternative workweek schedules; Enabling of employees to make-up for lost work time due to personal obligations; Non-mandating of overtime pay to part-time workers.
- California governor wants daily overtime reinstated. Seal, Kathy // Hotel & Motel Management;04/19/99, Vol. 214 Issue 7, p15
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis has pledged to reinstate daily overtime, and bills that would do so have been introduced in both the California Assembly and Senate. Industrial Welfare Commission's repeal of the daily-overtime requirement in January 1998; Benefits of the lack of a...
- Businesses mull AB-60's impacts. Rodrigues, Tanya // San Diego Business Journal;07/19/99, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
Reports that businesses are beginning to adjust to the bill approved by the California state legislature that restores daily overtime. Provisions; Expected impacts on local companies.
- What's Growing On in THE WORK FORCE. // American Nurseryman;10/1/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the changes in the overtime rules in the U.S. Provisions of the altered rules; Provision of the new rule; Implications of the rules for workers in the horticulture industry; Citations of the sectors affected by the changes.
- Time records matter! Make sure time clock system lets workers enter OT hours. // HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment Law;Oct2014, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p3
The article presents a labor regulation requiring supervisors to ensure time records accurately indicate all hours worked by employees including regular and overtime hours.
- Firms wary of overtime bill in state senate. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;06/14/99, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p4
Reports on an overtime bill being debated in the California state legislature. Elimination of flexible schedule and making up time for personal reasons; Complaints by employers; Aspects of the bill.
- Q&A. // Office Manager Today;Apr2015, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p7
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law including paying a minimum amount of hours to employees who attend meetings via the website Skype, disciplining employees who refuses to work overtime and changing an employee's work shift.
- Time Is Money: Give Michigan Workers a Flexible 'Comp-Time' Law. Hunter, Robert // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/14/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p29
Discusses wage laws in Michigan that prevent workers from trading overtime earnings for comparable time off, or `comp time.' Increasing use of comp time in non-unionized workplaces; Union leadership's opposition to laws that would grant comp time; Fear that employers will abuse the system to...
- New overtime regs bring some clarity. Perry, Phillip M. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p1
Provides information on overtime regulations implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor. Changes in the regulations; Effect of the regulations on employee wages; Consequences of not complying with the regulation; Requirement for exempt individuals.