At EEOC Meeting in Houston: Seeking immigrant protection
- EEOC expands outreach to immigrant groups. // HR Weekly;1/4/2016, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the Strategic Enforcement Plan of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) which emphasized strengthening connections to local advocacy groups specifically in employing immigrants.
- EEOC expands outreach to immigrant groups. // HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment Law;Feb2016, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) settlement presage litigation for industries that employ immigrants and states that employers can protect themselves by providing anti-harassment training to supervisors who manage vulnerable immigrant populations.
- Dateline DC. // HR Weekly;12/21/2015, Vol. 3 Issue 51, p2
The article offers news briefs related to human resource (HR) management in the U.S. as of December 2015 including a public comment on the 2016 employment eligibility verification form being sought by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (UCIS) and the launch of the sign language...
- Company To Pay $5 Million To Indian Workers To Settle EEOC Lawsuit. // News India Times;1/1/2016, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunities (EEOC) will pay five million U.S. dollars to 476 guest workers from India to settle a national origin discrimination lawsuit filed by the federal agency against the company.
- EEOC expands outreach to immigrant groups. // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;Feb2016, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p5
The article discusses the efforts of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to provide anti-harassment training to the company's executives, who manage vulnerable immigrant populations in the U.S.
- Front-of-house color dearth fuels anti-bias diversity push. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;8/7/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the decline of racial imbalance in the food service industry in the U.S. The view that the industry is moving in a more multicultural direction is supported by the declining number of discrimination claims filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)....
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 16, p16
Reports on developments related to food industry in the U.S. as of April 19, 2004. Lawsuit filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against Hudson Valley area Burger King franchisees; Appointment of administrative staff by the Women's Foodservice Forum for its new headquarters...
- EEOC MAY IGNORE ARBITRATION. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the damage suits to be filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against food service operators. Arguments of the lawyers for foodservice operators on the negative effects of the ruling; Decision of the Supreme Court on the ruling.
- EEOC files harassment suit vs. 4 Subway groups. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/14/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p48
This article reports that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is suing the owners of seven Subway restaurants, alleging that a manager at one of them had sexually harassed female employees, some of whom were teenagers at the time. The owners could not be reached for comment. The...