At Southwest Missouri State: Chartwells selects new `Center of Excellence' site
- Music is your workout's best friend. // Heart & Soul;Aug/Sep97, Issue 22, p18
Reports that exercise really does go better with music according to the researchers at Southeast Missouri State University. Comparison between stationary cycling with and without music; Advantages of having music with the exercise.
- AREA PLAYERS STAR IN SEMO SCRIMMAGE. // St. Charles Journal;4/18/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 16, pC2
The article reports that three area players stood out during the first intrasquad scrimmage for the Southeast Missouri football team which includes Junior Zach Levy, wide receiver Spencer Davis and kicker Drew Geldbach.
- Southeast Missouri State University, Polytechnic Institute. // American School & University;Nov98, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p249
Cites the award-winning architecture of the Southeast Missouri State University, Polytechnic Institute, Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Architectural firm; Design team; Capacity; Space per student; Total cost; Cost per square foot; Completion; Design goal.
- Compass' Chartwell's charts new course with web site. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p18
Reports that Chartwells, the college dining division of Compass Group USA, has unveiled an interactive web site at Southwest Texas State University. Features of the monthly online magazine `Menutainment'; Topics of the articles featured in `Nurture Our World'; Information on `Focus on Food.'
- class act. Rabat, Maria // Vegetarian Times;Aug2001, Issue 288, p13
Presents information on Terra Ve, a dining program developed by Chartwells Educational Dining Services which will be launched in several universities and colleges in the United States in August 2001. Description of the Terra Ve menus.
- Library luncheon and update: Teaching faculty about new technology. Banks, Julie; Carder, Linda // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Mar1996, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p128
Focuses on how librarians at the Kent Library of Southeast Missouri State University exploited assisted in training the faculty on how to use networked electronic resources. Development of a unit on government documents; Lecture on both the OCLC Union Catalog and OCLC FirstSearch; CD-ROMs; Internet.
- Preparing Scholars of Teaching and Learning Using A Model of Collaborative Peer Consulting and Action Research. Waterman, Margaret; Weber, Janet; Pracht, Carl; Conway, Kathleen; Kunz, David; Evans, Beverly; Hoffman, Steven; Smentkowski, Brian; Starrett, David // International Journal of Teaching & Learning in Higher Education;2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p140
The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Fellows Program at Southeast Missouri State University supports an annual cohort of 10 faculty Fellows to evaluate, through individual research projects, the effect of teaching on student learning of two or more of the university's General...
- SEMO names students to spring dean's list. // Jefferson County Journal;6/8/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 23, pB5
The article reports on the 2,417 students who were included by Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO) to its dean's list for the spring 2011 semester, including Sarah E. Abele, Michele Austell, and Megan M. Dougherty.
- Award-winning and other outstanding buildings. // American School & University;Nov97, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p161
Features the architectural design of the Robert A. Dempster Hall at Southeast Missouri State University in Capae Giradeau, Missouri, executed by Sverdrup Facilities Inc. Client; Capacity; Space per student; Total cost; Cost per square foot; Total acreage; Date of completion.