Irradiation Update: New Iowa Plant Construction Set
- Vertical energy. Galosich, Allison // National Provisioner;Nov99, Vol. 213 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the use of meat irradiation by Emmpak Foods Inc. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Regulations influencing the company to improve food safety; Investigation on the effectiveness of electron beam irradiation; Division and product lines of the company; Merchandise of home-meal-replacement (HMR)...
- Call it `Post HMR.'. Dornblaser, Lynn // Prepared Foods;Jan2000, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p13
Introduces a line of home meal replacement (HMR) meat products from Emmpak Foods. Cooking advantage of the products; Description of the HMR concept.
- L-3 Titan Names Top Executives. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;8/22/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p3
Reports on the completion of the acquisition of San Diego-based Titan Corp. by L-3 Communications Inc. Terms under the deal; Benefits of the acquisition for both companies; Selection of top executives of L-3 Titan Group.
- Emmpak Foods garners top USDA quality award. // Prepared Foods;Aug98, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p133
Focuses on the 1998 United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Contractor of the Year Award garnered by Emmpak Foods company. Criteria in winning the award.
- The X-ray Files. Parker, John // Traffic World;2/19/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 8, p20
Reports that AmeriCold Logistics Inc. has entered into a partnership with IBA Inc. and Ecolab Inc. to construct its food irradiation center in Carthage, Missouri. Need for X-ray processing centers in the food industry; Benefits of using X-ray processing in the food industry; Terms and...
- Another surge for irradiation. // Food Engineering;Nov99, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on the proliferation of irradiation as a food safety measure in the United States. Poll results indicating the preference of food industry and food science specialists for irradiated products; Source of information on irradiation; Companies signing up with Titan Corp.'s SureBeam...
- Making an impact. Young-Huguenin, Barbara // National Provisioner;Aug96, Vol. 210 Issue 8, p18
Profiles Wisconsin meat processing firm Emmpak Foods. Merger of Wis-Pak and Emmber Foods to create Emmpak; Success in foodservice business; Management team of Emmpak; Shift from niche marketing.
- Ready, set, irradiate. Rothstein, Linda // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the irradiation of food products in the United States (US). Policies of the US government concerning food irradiation; Concerns of the consumers over the health hazards of irradiated food; Method used by Titan Corporation in irradiating food products.
- Europe's new pecking order? Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on strategic alliance trends among telecommunication companies in Europe to expand communication networks in the country. Involvement of companies such as Esprit Telecom and Viatel to carve out niche markets in the region; Plans of industry players to give more attention to neglected...