With Pizzeria Uno: American Airlines goes deep-dish
- More airline food upgrades. // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p18
Announces American Airlines' allocated budget for the expansion of its coach food choices. Improvements in passengers' food choices.
- Eat and fly... // Consumers' Research Magazine;May95, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p7
Reports on an article in `The Washington Post' newspaper about American Airlines' testing of a meal cost-cutting system that allows passengers to grab their in-flight meals at the gate before boarding their flights. Menu offered for short-haul trips; Streamlining of the airline's distribution...
- American launches $6M catering upgrade. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/26/97, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p18
Discloses plans of American Airlines to allocate funds for quality improvement and variety of food on its domestic flights.
- American's new in-flight meal strategy lifts off. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;3/20/95, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p7
Reports that American Airlines Inc. is expanding its `Bistro' service which allows travelers on short flights to pick up prepackaged meals from coolers as they board the plane. Routes which will offer the service; Aim to cut costs; Decline of food bill as a result of `Bistro'; Food service...
- No food on short flts. // Travel Daily;8/8/2014, p6
The article informs that American Airlines will no longer offer meals to passengers in premium cabins on short flights that last less than two hours and forty-five minutes.
- American Airlines, CUC offer AAdvantages to diners. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the launching of a frequent dining program for business travelers by American Airlines and CUC International. Promotion mechanics; Operator requirements; Customer demographics; Remarks by restaurateurs.
- The Drinks Are on American. // Business Traveler;Mar2012, p10
The article reports on the move of American Airlines Inc. on adding complimentary beer and wines to its in-flight beverage service on international flights.
- American Airlines nixes snack request. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p19
Reports on complaints against American Airlines Inc.'s meal policy from frequent flier Rob DeRocker.
- Sam Choy freshens up American's Tokyo routes. // PAX International;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the new sets of menu created by the carrier chief consultant of American Airlines Inc., Sam Choy, wherein nine signature dishes will be prepared for the first class and business class service including Hibachi miso chicken, teriyaki filet with braised pineapple and...